Touch input fires click event twice on Windows 10

Hi Rudy,
I’m still encountering this issue UE-43213 with UE4 version 4.17.1 and Win10. UE4 is basically unusuable for me on a touch-screen laptop. It’s double-clicking for every touch in the editor. Checkboxes instantly revert themselves when touched. File menus instantly close themselves when opened. Expanded sections instantly collapse themselves, etc.

Could you please mark UE-43213 as Unresolved and take a deeper look into this issue? Let me know if you’d like any additional information.

Hello ,

The issue referenced in your last post has to do with an issue at runtime. The issue you are experiencing appears similar but is different enough that I would suggest creating a new thread for tracking purposes. After you have created a new thread you can post a link here with a reply so that someone can follow up.

Note: You may want to try and disabling “Use mouse for touch” in your project settings to see if this has any affect.

Make it a great day

Okay Rudy,
I’ve made the new thread. I’ve disabled Use Mouse for Touch, but the problem persists. That seems to be for running the game, while this issue is happening in the editor itself.

I look forward to hearing from you over in the other thread!

I use a stupid method to solve the problem. But it is useful.

(/▽\)

Sure, I do that as well, but it’s not always possible. Try to put in a drop down menu …

I have not use dorp down menu yet. but i use custom method to achieve similar effects. like the following image:

still have problem

For in-game I found placing a Retriggerable Delay and setting the duration to 0 fixed the issue at least for my BP. I placed it directly after the On Clicked Events. This can be a temp fix till the issue is solved.

thank mate, it’s work (☞ຈل͜ຈ)☞

Hi, the error is reported. If you would like to solve it, please click VOTE.

I’m confirming that! That strange behaviour happened to me after upgrading from 4.19.2 to 4.20.3.

‘Event On Mouse Enter’ in my widget has been firing when mouse cursor was just hovering over widget.

I had ‘Use Mouse for Touch’ = true in Project Settings, and Show Mouse Cursor, Enable Touch Events, Enable Touch Over Events all set to true in PlayerController.

After setting Show Mouse Cursor to false and set Default Cursor to None (!! which was especially weird), ‘Event On Mouse Enter’ in my widget stop fire on mouse hovering.

Also I managed to solve that problem in another way: I’m checking if Mouse Event is touch, because it looks like that event is firing one time for Touch plus one time for Mouse, but only with visible(?) mouse cursor.

Well… great to see that the issue is recognized and a target fix is planned for checkes notes… UE5.4

The workaround I am using for touch on windows 10 and windows 11 is a bit counter-intuitive, but I set the input mode to “Game Only”. The touch inputs still register on the UI with this settting and I no longer get the double clicks when the user taps a UI element, just a single click.

Also ensure “use mouse for touch” is disabled in the project settings for this to work.

2 Likes

Confirming using Game Mode only worked for me also in UE5.3.2