Top Down RPG 'Diablo' Template

Range weapons and throwable weapons are done.

Glad you are working on this. I am just starting out and this will give me a great starting point on how it is made.

Have been doing courses on the best workflow in building a action RPG in this style. Already do coding as a full-time job, so it is the rest that I am learning about.

If you don’t mind me asking, where was your starting point when starting to build this out?

First, I divided the project into smaller features like; Inventory, characters, interactables, skills, quests, etc…

I have started from the inventory feature but there wasn’t a particular reason for it. The important thing is that I developed everything with multiplayer in mind from the very beginning. So the moment I had something I could test with multiplayer, I created main menu, login logic and save & load just so I could test anything I made.

I have implemented warps, waypoints and chest interactables. Some can require an item to be interacted like a key.

2 Likes

NPC where players can buy / sell & gamble items.

Quests can be triggered when talking to NPC, entering a new zone, picking up an item or killing a monster.

Now everyone is talking about the sensational game Diablo II.

Working on skill trees.

Skill Trees automatically detects links between skills.

Some passive skills give buffs based on conditions.

Some passive skills trigger based on a condition like successful hit, getting hit, kill etc

Auras give buffs to allies and debuffs to enemies in a range.

No target active skills executes when shortcut button is pressed. They can give buff / debuff or damage enemies around.

Awesome! Looks pretty playable already, do you have plans on releasing it soon?

Thank you. Still need to work on enemy AI and improve some stuff. Maybe I will release it in February or March. Join the Discord channel to play the beta version.

Free target active skills play an animation and cast the skill on the ground or on enemy characters.

These active skills require an ally or enemy character to be casted.

1 Like

These active skills are casted on the ground and they might affect multiple targets at once.

2 Likes

hmm i am thinking he is frozen by Ice Spike skill and stop running )))

Minimap shows enemy characters, ally characters, interactables and all quest related actors.

1 Like