Toggle widget visibility?

is it possible to have an actor that
spawns a sphere that detects all the
actors within the bounds of that
sphere?

Oh yeah, but here you’ll need to cast:

And it’s asking for this type:

It’d be the type the Enemy ship is using. You can find it on the static mesh of the enemy ship or collision volumes (if there are any).

Okay; Took some time to get around to it, but I have collected everything we went over and have gotten three different approaches to the final result; each though have slightly different results.

So the first one af the top is The Sphere Trace For Trace for objects and collects all overlapping objects into an array and through that array activate the widgets component of all overlapping objects.

The Second one in the left spawns an actor that spawns an actor that does a bit the same as the first but a bit more tedious. The idea is that the Sphere trace casts a large sphere and any actors overlapping that will be added to an array, and the player’s ship will automatically turn facing the rotation of the actors detected overlapping the sphere; once it detects the class it will destroy itself, otherwise it wouldn’t stop.

This one is the more complicated one but only because I wanted to add something extra. ie the ship turning in the direction of the target. This didn’t work though but the result is not one I liked because it meant spawning a really huge sphere trace and just expecting the targets to appear; this didn’t work tho…

The last one to the right just activates the widget component on all the actors of the enemy ship class.
This while basic and easy meant all the non-targeted enemy target ships will also be activated; it can clutter the screen with too many targets when you would only want to aim at one; It might not to be a problem if I can adjust how few objects are present

So now I am choosing between which one is best my game

Sorry if the wait for a reply took so long. I was having issues with answerhub, and I was personally busy with work Just fighting with trying to get this post out, and not fall asleep. Anyways, just wanted to show my thanks and what progress I made because of your help :slight_smile: