The Sims like building system

Just installed 4.15 and going to be upgrading to the new version, so I’ll see what I can do.

HI))))
You planned to share building systems. I really need it ))))
I just started to build a system for my work. I want to move group of objects remotely, online with ue4.
We can work on a common project)

I’m currently working on the system from scratch, using the knowledge I’ve learnt from my other projects. I will share it I would imagine, you mentioned you want to move object remotely, would that require some form of multi-user support?

Update Is A Gooooooooo

So I’ve finally managed to get some free time to get to work on the rebuild of my sims builder.

Currently the “B” key toggles the grid and building mode on and off, I had issues with the tile orientation but have now got my head around it. It’s not pretty but for now it works, just need some TLC to neaten it up, no collision on the foundation spawning yet, so you can overlap them, logic is the next step, then time to add walls (better than last time).

Hopefully will have more updates soon.

The rebuild looks awesome :slight_smile:

Have you worked anymore on this?

I’ve seen people asking for a tutorial, did you manage to create one? I would really love to see how you made this!

Hello I’m as far as you. But as You I have problems with corners. I can not think of an easy way to make nice corners. First attempt whould be to make a edge for it, but if you make 2 corners in a row this whould be horrible too. Did you think about it ?

Hi all, apologies its been a while. Real life has been getting in the way and reduced the amount of time I could spend on anything.

However having now cleared that up I’m hoping to upload something this week, I’m going back to the very basics first (tried having multi angled grids, very tricky and overly complicated).

Oh and a little response to corners, my current plan is to have it check if its the end or a particular joint (1, 2, 3, 4 covered faces), then it would be replaced with a particular block, have a feeling the blueprint would be massive, but keeping the logic in functions will hopefully make it easier to read.

Hello I saw that you have Problems with the Edges. I made a similar System and continue with it, you can see in my Devlog. Its all in Blueprint rightnow as performance is oke enough.

DevLog#01 - Sims like building, walls, floor, windows and doors in Unreal Engine 4 - YouTube](DevLog#01 - Sims like building, walls, floor, windows and doors in Unreal Engine 4 - YouTube)