The interaction of the physics of the door and the player

unpleasant physics problem

You’d need to decide whether you want a Physically Accurate interaction or Set Relative Rotation. Combining both may yield undesirable results, as you’ve observed. Ignore the shooting / directional nature of it, but do note the setup:

If I wanted to pry the door open, I’d try it like so in the player controller:

We apply actual physical force to the door:

It should play nicely with the player’s capsule interaction (just moving forward) since the Character Movement Component understands physics:

Which can be further tuned in the character (or, to a lesser extent, in the door itself):

And if the door must push the player away, it can apply extra force back at the player, and the CMC will respect that (to an extent).

The problem is that when the player stands and opens the door, she interacts with him extremely poorly, pushes through, and teleports him. If the player is on the move, then everything is fine. I have not found any guides on this topic

This, again, stems from mixing 2 movement methods. Setting Rotation may attempt to force geometry intersection. The character has a de-penetration mechanism that will cause displacement in case the collision capsule gets stuck. You could try Adding Rotation instead which may work better but then again, it’s unclear whether you want this or the actual interaction of physics mentioned in the title.