The forum software

@SE_JonF nothing is online on our production site yet, just on a testing site somewhere in the ether, so that seems unrelated to the forum update. I am seeing some slowdown in replying, so that’s happening to more than you. I’ll have to ask around and see if this is just a hiccup.

After I read your PM I still had that orange notification there saying 1 New PM for a while then it disappeared. Similar things to that happening with threads as well.

Seriously, why the need to change? Lets list what are the needs for change. If the other forum is faster, this forum is already fast in my taste. And please, please do not change to the one like in unity - it doesn’t look like a substantial improvement over the old vbulletin or phpbbx.

If it’s not broken don’t try to fix it.

VBulletin works. There’s no need to switch at all.

I can’t even quote some people, I tried to quote @Maximum-Dev below and it only has your quote in the dialogue box. I’d like to post a news update in my thread but can’t because no one will know it’s been posted, it stays on the 2nd page. =/
@Maximum-Dev I couldn’t even see the PM you sent me on the forums, I could only read it through my email notification message.

“-How can you be involved in game development with such mindset?!”

–Hideo Kojima san

Yea, for me PMs are still ‘unread’ too. Also can’t forward messages anymore.

Right now, when i post this message, forum straight up broken for me, topics did not mark as visited, not getting sorted and updated with new posts in topic lists.
https://puu.sh/qalKH.png it says bruno was last poster in topic, but when i come in, there are @schnitzeldude post, at its like 2 hours ago.

Hey guys, thanks for the reports!

Everything should be working normally now, please let us know if you have any further issues.

Yep, everything seems fixed. Thanks! =)

Yep, the online team resolved that one now. It was not related to the vbulletin 5 tests, but just general web changes.

I want to make sure this won’t be detrimental to anyone and it’s easy to make changes early in the process. I know there is concern that we’re making a major move like other forums have, but it’s not a massive style change that will override old functionality. The only thing that would be removed is voting, which is to be replaced with “likes” which is almost exactly the same. I’ll keep updating this thread and talking with about potential issues to make sure they get addressed. Keep the feedback and requests coming!

Because I’m not going to waste time for something that is unnecessary. You’re also talking about switching hundreds/thousands of users over to a new software, potentially losing their posts. For those people who use the forum for their development blogs, that’s just ****. I understand the situation because web development is my job. I understand the work involved in switching it, and it isn’t worth it.

Well… People don’t need games to live; media is unnecessary, entertainment is unnecessary.
Music is unnecessary, art is unnecessary. The only thing you need to live is water and food.

Is there an update to make the UI look less like windows vista? :stuck_out_tongue: