Tactical Legends - new turn-based tactics

I am a fan of this idea! Love turn based games!

Very nice that here are some fans of turn-based tactics :slight_smile: I hope, soon we update game characters and it will look like finished game

One more week and one more concept. Now it is swordsman. We have some experience now and this character is much more detailed. Maybe, we will change the “hairstyle” later, but he looks like a real warrior with this very short hairs. Hope, you like this guy.

Here is more detailed screens of swordsman concept

One of the battle locations in Tactical Legends. We made some extension to the previous version to let the gamer rotate the map in all directions. It’s not a very necessary feature in turn-based strategy, but really cool one.

Wow! Cool video and amazing progress! How many people works on project?

Nice to see such a positive comment :slight_smile:
My name is Arthur and I’m the team leader of Tactical Legends project. We are the small group of web-developers that want to make their dream come true. Six boys and girls total. We are working on the project only after our primary work and on weekends. So, the progress would be much greater if we have opportunity to give the project at least eight hours a day. But we are trying to do our best and I hope, that hot-seat beta of the game will be available in April 2016, and then we start to work on online version.
Alpha version, as you know, available right now at http://www…com

Interesting project. I’ll be keeping an eye on this. Nice work. =)

Thank you :slight_smile:
And we have something new. We just inserted first character in the game. It was awesome experience! One thing is design the character. It is hard and time-consuming process that forces you to use several different programs. There is “rigging” - maybe the most tiresome work in the world. And another thing when you bring the character to engine. It is really like bringing it to life! Of course there is some additional work with materials, but seeing the model staying in the scene, breathing and moving - really amazing. I think, that this is the moment which every game developer waiting. The creation of “life”.
Buy the way, swordsmen has slightly different faces and poses and attack movements that adds some realism. It was really easy to achieve with UE - we use material instances and 2D animation blending.
It is not the final version of the that character, but now we want to fill the game with base models before working on the details.

That’s awesome, I’m looking forward to experiencing that myself with my own characters sometime in the future. Congrats, and keep up the good work! =)

We try to do our best :slight_smile:
And we have some new face here!

Working hard all this holidays, we tried to create something really special. And now we are proud to present you our new character concept. After feedbacks on the archer with this “where her boobs?” and “that is not the *** I like”, we decided to add this kind of person. This time we use real game environment to show the unit as it will be in action. Of course, don’t forget that it is a strategy game, and units will be far away in most cases. But you always have opportunity to move the camera closer and rotate it.

Now we try place archer and healer into the game engine. And I can say, it is a really hard task. In contrast to swordsman, that is already implemented, here we have several new problems. And all about the animation:
CLOTH- this is obvious, when you look at the healer
ARCHERY – unlike regular weapon, the bow has its own bowstring animation, and arrows that appears in hand and than just disappearing… It will take some time
HAIR??? – yep, our swordsman is bald and possibly we need to add hair animation for girls. I said “possibly” because they are really far away from the camera most of the time. And hair physics calculations are pretty expensive for performance
BOOBS - again look at the healer :slight_smile:
And also we want to add some close-up details. Are we using Unreal Engine or what?
Until the next time!

Does the healer from the red team looks more pretty? What do you think?

Just finished to insert archer. Without some animation details, but she is in game.
With completed characters start screen looks much better than before.

Coming along nicely. =)

Thank you! I think, this month we will finish the work on characters, and in march the game will look as something accomplished. We already start thinking about Greenlight :slight_smile:

Our characters is on the battlefield now.

Forest battlefield overview. Really need to be optimized. Too much foliage, too many shadows, but looking on it, I’m dreaming about summer :slight_smile:

Hardly working on the main character - The King. I hope it will be finished next week.

1cbe39de392fe67941567c993562e13fb17df34a.jpeg

The assassin is ready. Working on The King model. APEX is a real black hole for time. But now we understand that cloth need proxy meshes for calculations and then just Drive/Latch result to the main geometry. At least it solves multilayered cloth problems

Step by step our game moves forward. Today we want to show you the most popular character - assassin. We were inspired by ninja creating this model. Black cloak and mask covers her from victim until the moment when its over. Our assassin is pretty young lady, but her beauty covers deadly danger.