Swarm Coordinator is not coordinating

Just adding what combination of things worked for me for posterity, as I arrived here via search:

For reference I’m using two computers on the same LAN; one running the coordinator and agent tools, as well as the UE editor to kick off the lighting build, and a second machine just running the swarm agent.

Settings:

• AgentGroupName and AllowedRemoteAgentGroup both set to Default on both machines.
  • CoordinatorRemotingHost set to 127.0.0.1 on coordinator machine, and hostname of the coordinator machine on the other machine.
  • AllowedRemoteAgentNames set to * on both machines.
  • Both machines can ping each other using regular Windows ping and get a response.
  • Both machines can use the in-app coordinator ping and remote agent pings to get responses from each other.
  • Both machines show up in the coordinator’s machine list.
  • The final thing I had to do, which I actually didn’t believe would help, was to make the project folder on the coordinator machine shared through regular Windows file sharing. Until I did this, jobs would just mysteriously not get picked up by the agent-only machine. I shared the parent folder of the project folder, if that matters. I’m also using the same Microsoft account user on both machines. I made sure I could access the folder on the agent-only machine through Windows Explorer first. I also did this trick to be able to actually log on with my MS account (MicrosoftAccount\mymsuser@microsoft.com).