Support thread - shooter bp project

The problem with that is that since the gun part is a replicated actor, spawning it on the server spawns automatically a copy on the client, so you’ll end up with 2 copies on the client instead of 1. Which reminds me, the root of your problem might be that you’re not spawning the parts on the server at the beginning of the game in the first place. Please check the code that spawns the parts, in the original asset it only spawns them on the server (on the clients they get spawned automatically by the engine as a consequence).

When we send the part via the ServerEnterAddPart to the server, we aren’t actually passing the part, we’re passing just a ref so the server grabs the correct part in it’s own inventory.

Just checking, have you tested the packaged game in multiplayer? Have you installed it in 2 different machines and did you connect the client to the server (does your project have server connection code)?

Regarding gameplay differences, packaged game and launch are not supposed to have gameplay differences, they don’t interfere with your gameplay code…

Yes I did test in in multiplayer with 2 different machines, same issues. You are probably right about my problem being the parts are not being spawned on the server, I’ll look into that. But at any rate, gameplay is definitely getting altered on packaged game, I think my engine might be bugging.

Ok so the problem was in fact I had an event running locally that had to be server spawning the parts and it’s working fine now. Still not sure why it was acting so weird packaged though but alls well that ends well I guess. Thanks!

No problem at all!

Hi Could you bring back your instructions video on YouTube? its not available right now

Hey it’s back, thank you for reaching out and sorry for that!

This product is longer on the marketplace and its no longer in my library. What happened to it? I thankfully have an older version, but just curious if it will be coming back for people that have paid for it.

Hello! It’s always in your library, it’s just under a different title now: “FPShooter”. Please tell me if you need anything else!

1 Like

I could see the instructions video 2 days ago (Feb. 25, 2022), and I was following it to create my new weapon. Today the video is now private on YouTube, so I don’t have a reference to help guide me. This is a problem because I need to know the naming conventions for the sockets. Why was it removed?

I can now see the video again. Thank you.

No problem, I’m sorry for the inconvenience. Please tell me if you need anything…

By the way, I can also add you to the video’s shared list on Youtube, this way you can watch it even when it’s private. I’d just need an email from you that you use to login to Youtube/Google. Thanks again!

Hi, I’m looking at the demo video and I have suggestions.

1. The hip-fire is way too high. It’s at the shoulder. I think it will look much better if is placed at the chest. If you place 1P camera to the lower right side of the chick, you can lower the weapon for hip-fire.

2. During ADS, it will be much more natural if you tilt the head slightly to the weapon. This can be done through programming without animation.

Your weapon customization looks interesting and I want to learn more about it. Can you please invite me to Discord for more discussions?

Thanks.

Hello!

The hip-fire looks high due to it being a true first person character. If I lower the gun it will look better from an external cam, but worse from the first person cam (unless you don’t mind the gun being low and partially out of screen in first person view). As you suggested, it’s possible to lower the cam from the eye and place it on the lower part of the cheek, but that difference is only a few centimeters… In the end it’s a matter of personal preference, you can add a TransformBone in the AnimBlueprint and move the gun to the height that looks better to you, without the need to change any anims…

Regarding ADS, tilting the head via programming is not complicated but then you’d have to also rotate the cam in the opposite direction if you don’t want to have your view tilted when aiming. In the end those things would require a complexity increase in the sight aligning code…

Regarding the Discord group specifically, I need to keep it for owners of the asset only, but we can discuss the project as much as you want outside the group, my Discord ID is PeaceSells#3193.

Thanks for reaching out!

how to add effect for projectile hitting different materials and how to add sound and use different projectile

also how can i get update and see tutorial

how could i set up death and health system

Hello! To change the projectile you can make changes to the B_GunProjectile blueprint, or even use another blueprint for the projectile. To add sound you can use any of the play sound nodes (PlaySoundAtLocation, PlaySound2D, etc.) or add an Audio Component to your actor. Regarding different effects for hitting different materials, I haven’t experimented with that, but I guess you could try experimenting with the outputs of the Hit event, some of them might give you a way to find what material was hit.

The updates come to your Epic Launcher and when available they appear as a small orange circle. I’ve already sent the update for UE5 compatibility and as soon as Epic finishes processing it, it will appear in your Launcher. The tutorial is the one linked on the store page (look for the link “Instructions Video”):

There are different ways, a simple one would be to add a variable to the character named “Health” and subtract from it every time he gets hit. Every time you subtract you check if it went below 0 and, if yes, you destroy the character or stop player input to him, setup ragdoll, etc. Don’t forget that these things should be done on the server and replicated to the clients.

Also, if you like Discord, you can come in to the Discord server, I would just like to ask you, if you don’t mind, to send me you Order ID (in private) and I’ll send you the link.

Thank you for reaching out!

How do I pm

Hey I’ve received you pm and just replied with the invite!

Thanks again!

also how do i use vert grip