Support Stream – Behavior Trees – March 10th, 2015

Question] Is using the pawnsensing component the recommended way to create AI - Player awareness? I saw game examples using functions like EyeTrace, which basically done the same, just with a lot of blueprinting.

Question] What is the recommended solution to setup a ranged patrolling, chasing and shooting enemy AI with blue prints?

Thanks

I know it might seem selfish, but i there any you could include GMT times, for the European audience?

(I’m in the UK, so that might seem self-serving. :slight_smile: )

Jez click on the countdown link, as of right now you’ve got 50 mins till it starts

I have added a link to the project. It’s a very simple project, so it may not be added to the learn tab, but I wanted to make sure it was available to anyone who wanted it.

Thanks a loot, that was very helpful … If you’re newbie with BTs this really gets your feet wet :slight_smile:

Thanks guys for the tutorial! This is just what I was looking for and I learned a lot. Looking at your project one area that I have been having a hard time with is the service. Behavior Trees are supposed to work for classes of characters, yet ever example I see always casts to a specific character. In the example you give it’s BPAICharater. In the same service you use a lot of vectors from actor, which don’t seem to work if you cast to a class. So it does not seem like there is a way you could use this Behavior Tree with anything more than just carbon copy of BPAICharater.

I have found this problem with a lot of BT tutorials. I would like to create children of BPAIChar that have different attributes and use the same behavior tree. Are there any resources/tutorials or documentation that can show how to make something like that work?

Thanks!