Streaming levels with an offset.

Well, static lighting is baked in the editor against current level transform, assuming that transform is final and will not be changed. Same thing with BSP, geometry will be baked with level transform specified in the editor. Changing level transform procedurally during gameplay can be used only with dynamic lighting. Also assuming no BSP in the level, game can not rebuild geometry without editor functionality.

Do you think this could change is the future? I.e rather than rebuilding BSP in a new position, the initially compiled BSP is translated?

I also have problem with no offset of indirect lighting cache. Please help :frowning:

What is the current state of this problem (for 4.8.2)? If I am settings LevelTransform after creating instance of level streaming and then loading instance of that level, are lighmaps also moving?
I can see, that BSP problem is still valid.

While on the topic, can we get the World Browser to work with dynamically spawned meshes? I would like to set up the streamed levels and then spawn the actors into them during runtime. I think the only thing lacking is the ability to Add Instance targeting specific sub-levels.

I really want this to work and I think this should be looked into more, because I believe that procedural generation is very common among indie developers since it is so efficient.

BP Node For Community, Spawn Multiple Instances of UE4 Level

Dear Everyone,

4.9 Version

I’ve created a BP node for the community to use which has a special solution for ensuring unique instance names to guarantee that multiple instances of level can be spawned.

Victory BP Library Thread

My entire modified C++ code at link above

Enjoy!

:heart:

1 Like

Thanks Ddvlost for your message, your exemple works pretty well for me.
I would to to go a little further. I need to activate the movement of a streaming level with a key (and a timeline). Nothing happend in my (standalone) game. Do you know why…? As you can see i’m a beginner…

Hi, we holp this “LevelController” UE4 Plugin can help you. The “LevelController” UE4 C++ plugin lets you could transform UE4 Levels(Maps) at Runtime in Realtime.

Hi guys! I am a new member of the boards, still reading and learning the basics. I just came across this post and after reading the entire thread, I wanted to thank @ddvlost and every other developer and staff for being so helpful and open with suggestions. :slight_smile:

Peace!

Thanks for this info.
I just found that calling ULevelStreamingDynamic::LoadLevelInstance(...) seems to work fine and takes care of most things.

some other reference Loading Sub-Level multiple times, possible? - #22 by nande