Stopping pawns from pushing physics objects that are way heavier than they are?

What I did (and I’m sure it’s the wrong way, but it works) was place a static mesh (cube/rectangle) into my vehicle BP as an envelope around the vehicle and turned visibility OFF. Ain’t budging now.

1 Like

I was having the same issue with the player being able to punt enemy pawns like they were beachballs and my solution was to Ignore collision with the player in the CapsuleComponent’s collision settings and then I added a second capsule with the exact same dimensions, parented it to the capsule and then set it to ignore all except the player (block pawn). This fixed the problem for me but it’s completely stupid that we have to go through all of this just to get the player to stop kicking everything 50 miles.

4 Likes

In my case the character had a static mesh attached that had collision set , I disabled the collision for that mesh and it no longer pushed the car around like a beach ball :slight_smile:

2 Likes

After adjusting the character movement variables (push factor) double/triple check that every other object/collision in your BP is disabled/set to no collision. In my case there was a small VR sphere enabled with collision which was causing the overpowered movement.

i have the same problem

I tried everything in this thread and nothing worked for me. I have a ship which simulates physics and a player walks on top of it (via the UCX collision on the ship parts). The player’s capsule component pushes the ship away.

Thank you so much for this! After trying everything under the sun regarding collision settings, this is what finally fixed my issues of pushing enemies like beachballs with my PlayerCharacter. I had some equippable weapons childed to the character mesh that had collision but were set to not visible while not equipped. They were causing the issue. After setting each weapon to have no collision, my character can no longer bump around enemies.

i have the same problem
how to do

Go onto you character movement component in character blue print and disable “Touch Force Scaled to Mass”

3 Likes

Setting it this way solved my problem. Thanks <3

CharacterMovementComp

thx, this save me

Simply fix:

If notice, the default ThirdPersonCharacter in Unreal Engine 5 does not have this problem.

So what I did was copy the Self, Capsule and Mesh collision profile.