Steam is not working in shipping

I took a look at project, and ran into same problem, even in a Development Build. I regenerated project files from .uproject file, and opened Hangman > Source > Hangman > Hangman.Build.cs

In there, I uncommented lines for using online features. I rebuilt project, opened it up, and created a Shipping Build for Win64. With Steam open, Host button began working again.

Let me know if that doesn’t work for you.

what do you mean by “rebuilt project” ?

Rebuild. In Visual Studio.

I thought so, its just an error comes up in build.cs, should i open UE4 in VS and build that ?

No, just project should be fine. What error did you get when building Hangman.Build.cs? Can you show me code from that?

http://i.imgur.com/LG7VZsO.png

You need to open project’s .sln file in VS, then navigate to Hangman > Source > Hangman > Hangman.Build.cs, then make adjustments and Save, then Build project again.

I did that and built solution from top, it completed so i re packaged my game again but still host button does nothing.

I also tried build on UE (engine folder).

Maybe I am building wrong specific thing, please can you be more clear ?

Thank you

Additionally, it looks like error you’re getting involves Incredibuild. You might want to try disabling Incredibuild, from Taskbar:

Whoops, sorry, you need to disable Incredibuild in Visual Studio.

I disabled incredibuild from being used in visual studio and rebuilt hangman.

Packaged game, still not doing it.

Steam is on for sure when I add it to non steam games library.

If I do dev, host works fine.

Logs do not get made with shipping build.

Is it possible you could come on teamviewer :stuck_out_tongue: ?

Please package game for Development and see if same problem occurs. If so, get logs from packaged game’s \Saved\Logs folder. I’ll up project I got working and send you a link via forums. You’re certain that Steam is running when you attempt to play? Without it, Host button will not work.

Unfortunately we’re not able to offer one-on-one support; most I can do is look into project when I get a few minutes. I don’t believe this is a bug but a setup issue, and until I can determine that there is a bug we’re limited in support we can offer.

I’ve sent you a link to download project I got working, along with some instructions to try. Let me know what happens.

Hi, both game builds you included in are actually in dev mode. You can see this by playing single player it is printing a string which doesn’t show in shipping build.
Are you sure you built “shipping” as shipping ? If so then maybe there’s something wrong im doing to build as shipping ?
Both game builds do work because it is acting like dev mode which does work on mine.
I have already rebuilt my project many times, dev mode works, shipping does not (host game button does nothing).

Nope, it looks like you’re correct. I’m not sure how that happened, but trying to build for Shipping now causes same problems in packaged game for me as well.

I’ve exhausted all setup requirements I’m aware of, so I’m going to submit this to developers as a potential bug. Unfortunately I’m still unable to reproduce this in a new project, so I don’t have any workaround solution for you yet. I’ll let you know if that changes.

For reference, bug report I entered is UE-22188.

I noticed that majority of your game is run through Widget Blueprints. I would recommend moving certain functionality, in particular Create, Find, and Join Session functionality, to GameInstance for project and reference it from Widgets. I don’t know for certain if this will be a feasible workaround for this problem, but it’s worth a shot.

I’ll post here if I see any update on bug report or otherwise find cause of problem. Thanks for your patience.

Thank you !

After your game will be on Steam, you should pe able to see that little Steam widget in bottom-right corner. If you want to preview it, you should build game in Development.