Speech Recognition Plugin - Sphinx-UE4

Great work! I’m interested too in the Android version of the plugin. Any update or ETA?

I think the plugin is not working once you export the project, although it is loaded as showed in the log:
“Loaded Plugin OVRLipSync”
then, it will not work (not initialized), any fix for this?

What sort of license does this have?

I have crash error when i exit project

Fatal error: [File:D:\Build++UE4+Release-4.15+Compile\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Private\GenericPlatform\GenericPlatformMemory.cpp] [Line: 160]
Ran out of memory allocating 42949672940 bytes with alignment 0

KERNELBASE
UE4Editor_Core
UE4Editor_Core
UE4Editor_Core
UE4Editor_Core
UE4Editor_Core
UE4Editor_SpeechRecognition!TArray<TScriptDelegate<FWeakObjectPtr>,FDefaultAllocator>::ResizeForCopy() [d:\unreal engine\epic games\ue_4.15\engine\source\runtime\core\public\containers\array.h:2281]
UE4Editor_SpeechRecognition!TMulticastScriptDelegate<FWeakObjectPtr>::TMulticastScriptDelegate<FWeakObjectPtr>()
UE4Editor_SpeechRecognition!ASpeechRecognitionActor::StartedSpeaking_method() [d:\My_Project\plugins\speechrecognition\source\speechrecognition\private\speechrecognitionactor.cpp:122]
UE4Editor_SpeechRecognition!FSpeechRecognitionWorker::Run() [d:\My_Project\plugins\speechrecognition\source\speechrecognition\private\speechrecognitionworker.cpp:488]
UE4Editor_Core
UE4Editor_Core
kernel32
ntdll

But if i not INIT Speech, exit without error.

When i press escape (to exit and close preview) i get error

Fatal error: [File:D:\Build++UE4+Release-4.15+Compile\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Private\GenericPlatform\GenericPlatformMemory.cpp] [Line: 160]
Ran out of memory allocating 42949672940 bytes with alignment 0

KERNELBASE
UE4Editor_Core
UE4Editor_Core
UE4Editor_Core
UE4Editor_Core
UE4Editor_Core
UE4Editor_SpeechRecognition!TArray<TScriptDelegate<FWeakObjectPtr>,FDefaultAllocator>::ResizeForCopy() [d:\unreal engine\epic games\ue_4.15\engine\source\runtime\core\public\containers\array.h:2281]
UE4Editor_SpeechRecognition!TMulticastScriptDelegate<FWeakObjectPtr>::TMulticastScriptDelegate<FWeakObjectPtr>()
UE4Editor_SpeechRecognition!ASpeechRecognitionActor::UnknownPhrase_method() [d:\my_project\plugins\speechrecognition\source\speechrecognition\private\speechrecognitionactor.cpp:106]
UE4Editor_SpeechRecognition!FSpeechRecognitionWorker::Run() [d:\my_project\plugins\speechrecognition\source\speechrecognition\private\speechrecognitionworker.cpp:561]
UE4Editor_Core
UE4Editor_Core
kernel32
ntdll

Hi, !

could you give some instructions how to improve recognition a single phrases like “yes” or “no”, may be in cpp, please?

Hello,
Is this plugin still supported in the latest version of Unreal Engine?

Just compiled and tested on 4.16 and appears to be working for me - but I haven’t tried a packaged build yet.

Any easy way to get the text of any speech without having to match keywords or predefined phrases? Maybe get the I know this can be inaccurate, but perfect sentences is not important for what I need this for. Manager->UnknownPhrase_method(return the whatever phrase); ???

I’m having a problem with a grammar script.

#JSGF V1.0;

public <final_rule> = ( <s1> | <s2> | <s3> | <s4> | <s5> | <s6> ) <element> ( <f1> | <f2> | <f3> | <f4> | <f5> );

<s1> = <count> <shape>;
<s2> = <count> <direction>;
<s3> = <count> <direction> <shape>;
<s4> = <shape>;
<s5> = <direction>;
<s6> = <direction> <shape>;

<f1> = <range> <rate>;
<f2> = <range> <rate> <intent>;
<f3> = <range> <intent>;
<f4> = <intent>;
<f5> = <count>;

<element> = ( roth | mara | corda | ashti | kava | dolo | hana );
<shape> = ( vort | para | nama | haku | mado );
<direction> = ( chiya | kanto | vanti | bren );
<count> = ( mapa | haya );
<range> = ( juna | toda | wato );
<intent> = ( dema | cora | seto );
<rate> = ( gen | turb | rata );

Is anyone able to see what’s wrong with that? The words all exist in the dictionary and if I Enable Grammar Mode with the “numbers” script it starts fine. But if I use the script above I get “Speech recognition thread failed to start”.

Is there any way to debug this?

Edit: fixed it. I’ll share how I debugged it since it’s pretty non-obvious.

Even if you’re using grammar mode, switch to keyword mode and feed it all of your new words in a word list. Then comment all of your new words out in the .dict file using a semi-colon ;

After that, re-enable them one at a time and hit play. If it “fails to start utterance” then your syllables in the word you just uncommented are wrong. I kept getting caught out by G (should be JH), H (HH) and O (OW).

why can’t i compile this? im getting this error

UATHelper: Packaging (HTML5): In file included from E:\WLS_HELIX\AoAllowwishes\Plugins\SpeechRecognition\Source\SpeechRecognition\Public\SpeechRecognitionActor.h:4:
UATHelper: Packaging (HTML5): E:\WLS_HELIX\AoAllowwishes\Plugins\SpeechRecognition\Source\SpeechRecognition\Public/SpeechRecognitionWorker.h(3,10): fatal error: ‘sphinxbase/err.h’ file not found
UATHelper: Packaging (HTML5): #include <sphinxbase/err.h>
UATHelper: Packaging (HTML5): ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
UATHelper: Packaging (HTML5): 1 error generated.
UATHelper: Packaging (HTML5): ERROR:root:compiler frontend failed to generate LLVM bitcode, halting

where can i get this file it is not in the folders?

This works amazingly well in 4.18! THANK YOU Wow,. I have read the entire thread before I ask you for help, but:
The once thing i cannot figure out how to do is to link an added phrase to a new Function (or Blueprint?)! I can see to add a phrase add a ‘+’ PIN to the ‘Make Array’ and I know there will be a corresponding Function. I already got it to play a Wav file as it does Start Game and nearly passed out when it worked! WOW WOW WOW…

any help greatly appreciated! THANK YOU!

EDIT: I always find things on my own right after asking, it is the ‘WordsSpoke’ Function :slight_smile: And as I hoped there is another easy to understand array!

Although I still welcome any and all advice about optimizing recognition… Phrases like thank you do not seem to work even though I found ‘thank’, ‘you’ and ‘thankyou’ in the dict file!..

THANK YOU!

same problem, have you solved it?

no fix for it. the guy has stopped suppoting his system. its unusable atm.

What solutions have folk come up with. I would be keen to learn this software and help improve it. Is there a view to revitalise the project and grow it?

Hi All!

I wasn’t sure where to post on issues with this, but I made a post on another related thread.

Related forum thread post.

I managed to get this to compile in 4.26, but I’m having issues with the SetConfigParam stuff not working.

Here’s a fork of a functional 4.26 version of sphinx UE4

1 Like

I have used it in UE4.24,becauce I can’t access GoogleDrive,so,if you need,just send Email to me(2876704397@qq.com).