Spawn new actor attached to another moving actor without gap or overlap.

One additional note.

Enabling the delay & destruction on the tiles makes the overlap more frequent. Same for not using an initial loop to spawn a couple of tiles. Those should have no effect on the placement of the actors. So it looks like there is a link to the performance/framerate of the system.

One of the main points, is that the arrow needs to be parented by the mesh, otherwise there’s no point in using it as a spawn point.

Yes, I made a mistake with placing more than one in the viewport, they will overlap.

But spawning at the world location of the arrow is the way to go.

The delay before kill has to be timed with the timeline length to avoid overlaps.

Hi, have you fixed it? I am also trying to use Projectile Movement to move the runner tile.

That’s not a good way to do it ( unless you want the tile to fly past like a ball ). There are a gazillion tutorials on yt about endless runners

Yes, there are a lot of tutorials. But all of them as far as I could find back then all did the same thing, like the one you are linking here.
They all go for the easiest set up, moving the player along an axis and spawning tiles in front of the player.
However, I did not want to use this approach because this way the player/scene position keeps moving away from 0,0,0 into infinity. The whole point & reason to have the environment scroll is so that the play area stays at 0,0,0.

No haven’t fixed it. Back when I was looking into this issue I could not find a solution to completely avoid overlap. So I skipped the issue for a later date. And haven’t had any time in the last months to go back to this particular side project =(.

But I think that this plugin scrolls the background and not the player.
But I haven’t had a proper look at how the blueprint logic for the spawn positioning worked.

His free tutorial (DevEnabled) on youtube moves the player. =/ (At least last time I checked.)