Spatialized Blueprint VoiceChat Plugin.

I would definitely buy this as long as it’s not too pricey.

Also definitely interested in this - any updates?

Interested, Does this mean the voice chat wouldn’t be reliant on the sessions?

I definitely need this, especially if it uses proper 3D sound.

The ability to access the raw voice data samples would also be much appreciated (I have a lip sync setup I’d like to feed the data to, which spits out viseme values to drive morph targets).

I have the plugin submitted but the marketplace approval process is extremely slow. Some of you asked if you could also pipe the voice-data through a different server. The answer is yes as you get the byte-array of the voice data, it’s up to you what to do with it, you could even record/save it in a db if you wanted. If i find the time i might add a little node.js server that could be used as a data proxy service.

@Burnz Lightweight Networking, will only transmit VoiceData to players that are in hearing range.

Will this work with attenuation or does it have its own raduis for this? im guessing it work similar to most open world games? thanks.

I supply a blueprint node called “GetAllPlayersWithinRange()”, you’ll supply a vector for the position and float for the range and it will return an array of playercontrollers that are in that range. That way you don’t waste bandwidth by sending voice-data to all connected players. I saw solutions that just mute voice-data utilizing attenuation so i figured it’s important to mention here how it should be done properly. When just muting you still transmit data to everyone.

Please use this thread for further replies/feedback (as i just submitted the plugin again)
https://forums.unrealengine.com/unreal-engine/marketplace/1363854-ultimatevoicechat-for-blueprints

Hi, we’ve tried the plugin and managed to activate the voice chat in our base character (parent). If both players are playing this base character, the voice chat works fine. But if we choose a child version, then the server (listen-version) hears everthing like it should be, but no data is processed from the server to the client. Similiarly, also when spawned in a child version the voiceDataAvailable Function does not work (any print function afterwords doesn’t print nothing). Clients can chat with each other. We also tried to manually initialize the components - same result.
Any ideas? see: https://forums.unrealengine.com/unreal-engine/marketplace/1363854-released-ultimatevoicechat-for-blueprints/page3