[SOLVED] Unreal Editor doesn't receive mic input in MacOS

For the strugglers like myself i write this

I have spent many weeks trying to figure this out. I have tested it on the MacOS BigSur 11.0
Tested only on Shipping Client build version. This steps will NOT work for editor version, this is what i did not figure out yet

After building Shipping Client version of your game:

1. First of all, remember that 4.25.0 is not working at all, as i figured it out. To run this i used “4.25 Plus” version with open source from EpicGames github
  2. Inside of you .app file, you can see something like on the first screenshot. You are interested in the Info.plist file, open it
  3. Inside of it click RMB on the blank space and select “Add row”. The row name should be “Privacy - Microphone Usage Description”
  4. You should write some description to it (in the “value” column). You will end up with something like what you can see on screenshot 2
  5. When the engine for the first time will try to capture sounds with AudioCapture or any custom solution of yours, it will ask user about permission and after that your voice capture will work correctly. Remember that if the engine asks you for microphone permission on the same level you are capturing the sound on, it will NOT capture anything for the first time. You will be required to reload the game 1 time, it will remember your choice and start capturing correctly

Hope this helps!

1 Like