Smoothly push player while not moving?

Keep both sweeps and try only moving by 1 and -1 in either X or Y Delta, not both. It solved the sliding problem for me, seemingly.

I’ve been battling with this problem myself and just wanted to add that it is insane that this issue hasn’t been addressed by Epic yet. I mean, the bread and butter of this engine is ThirdPerson games :frowning:

This is a very good solution to my problem. Is there any update to this method? Or is this the best solution so far. Thank you for your answer. I have benefited a lot

I solved the problem you are having. I know this thread is old, but maybe someone finds this by googling.

Instead of moving in X and Y in a single MoveUpdatedComponent node, I separated the X and Y movements into separate pairs of nodes. This stopped the drifting effect you are having.

I saw a solution similar to this thread’s solution in a gamedev.tv course “Unreal Engine 5 C++ Developer”, and I modified it to this. I hope this helps :+1:.

1 Like

Here was my solution to the Kobayashi Maru test.

And my thread about it.

Do any of you know how to solve an issue with crouching associated with this smooth push method? In my case, my character’s collision shape (capsule) remains crouched while being pushed.

It should be working for your character, crouched or otherwise.

Had a similar issue in a 2.5D game and although this solution feels just wrong, it worked perfectly. :+1:

1 Like

Yeah I don’t know why that works, but just glad it does for this situation.