Smoothly push player while not moving?

I’m fascinated by your solution…with a jpg/png showing 4 simple nodes you have just about solved a problem I’ve had for months. Thread here.

So let me sum this up… for awhile now I and a few others here have noticed a problem when it comes to the player being “pushed” by a wall or something. Unless the push occurs in the Z (up and down) the player is jerked and not pushed smoothly, for a video demonstration look in the thread I linked. This was ultimately proven to me to be the SHAPE of the capsule component and the way UE does collision.

I imagined there was a simple solution and perhaps you have almost found it. I notice your solution ignores the Z (since pushing in the Z doesnt seem to matter.)

In the first sentence, notice how I said “about solved” the issue…unfortunately I have found a small problem, that perhaps you or someone else can figure out.

I will make a quick video and show you what the problem is.

In this video…when the game starts you will see 3 moving platforms each moving basically the same speed. Mover 01 in the X moving toward the camera, Mover 2 in the Z going from down to up, and Mover 03 going from left to right.

The movers are simply actor BP’s with a cube sized / scaled appropriately to represent a wall. Then dragged into the world. Simple logic to move them.

HERE is the problem! I see smooth pushing from the left to right wall, (and surely the vertical platform) BUT, the wall coming from the background toward the camera there is a strange “torqued” sliding going on. I hope you can figure out what is causing that. Because your solution here is one of the simplest I have seen and look forward to using it!