Smooth Sync: Sync your Transforms Smoothly across the network

@hard_code

You should only be setting position on the client that has authority over the object, or the server if no authority. It sounds like maybe you’re setting the position on the server or incorrectly in some other way and it’s overwriting the position that Smooth Sync is trying to set.

So I’m super new to this and I can get this to work. Sometimes.
UE Version 4.26.1
If I set up a blueprint and make the physics sphere the root. It works.
If I make a scene component the root, it doesn’t.
I’ve attached screenshots showing that info.

Replicates movement is off for both actors.
Component replicates is off for all sub components

LOL, never mind. I read the first page of the documentation… And learned the “Set Scene component to sync” Function

I’m having problems getting this to work, does anyone have a discord that I could join and help me out?

UPDATE: I figured it out, it only works if my mesh is the root of the Actor BP

Here you go @Cipher5 Noble Whale Studios

Thank You !

@ Did you ever manage to have a look at the ownership change issue that I mentioned a few months ago?

@ I have same problem as GuacFrog. I hope this will be solved soon. :slight_smile:

@Woondas Does your issue also involve physics handles? @GuacFrog Sorry nothing yet but I just upped the priority on that task.

Cool, I appreciate it. Let me know if you want a reproducible example

@GuacFrog Yeah, that would be really useful.

Hi, I was facing attachment problem like many others faced, I guess the solution is sent with the update but it still doesn’t work. My character teleports X0Y0Z0 location when I attach it to another actor (which is using SmoothSync either). I found out a solution posted on Discord and I saw the same line is still exist in the plugin itself.

What could be the problem?

Edit: Solved the problem, I was attaching character to the actor on character blueprint, it was happening on client side but the actor was on server side. I triggered the attachment function inside the server actor and it worked.

Hello everyone!
I have a problem. I use SmoothSync for my project. And when i use node SetActorLocation or Teleport. I notise a defect.
when using the plugin I need to move the actor using “set actor location” or “Teleport” via Run On Server -> Multicast, but there are problems that are visible in the video
link: https://youtu.be/Uybd8bg8amg
pls help me.
Thanks you

@amhad321 You should be using the teleport() method in SmoothSync. You only need to call it on the controlling client (or the server). You shouldn’t need your own RPCs, SmoothSync should handle it internally.

@** Ok, **but how should I use it? There is no input or output in this method. How can I teleport an actor to coordinates 0 0 0?

@, help me pls
im sad

@amhad321 Just set the position on the client like you normally would then call the teleport method. It uses the current position on the client so you don’t need to pass anything in.

Take a look at this video, and pay attention to the window that is located on the top left. An error related to the player’s teleport is clearly visible there. That`s my problem - YouTube
Thanks beforehand!

@amhad321
I don’t see you calling Smooth Sync’s Teleport method in your video.
Try making your setup like this: Imgur: The magic of the Internet
You’ll want to call SmoothSync’s Teleport method right after you set the position.

Let me know how it goes.

1 Like

Hello! After I started using the Smooth Sync component the frame rendering time increased 10 times. I tried to set thresholds and even set send rate to 1 and disable Sync Movement Mode - nothing helps, can you please clarify why this can be happening? I have a lot of actors in sync but almost all of them don’t move, all the actors are props with static mesh in the root.