SketchUp Exporter plug-in for 4.20 available

Will there be a Mac plugin/studio as well?

Mac support is a future goal for Unreal Studio, but is not on the immediate roadmap.

I’m using this with Sketchup Pro 2018, and it’s working well so far. Trying to push a project along to see how complete this is, but re-importing is working consistently for me.

Hi Guys,
I wonder if there is any news about the ETA for SketchUp 2017 plugin as well as 4.20 full release?

Will the SketchUp 2017 plugin work with the Make version, or just the Pro version of SketchUp?

HI there,
4.20 should be releasing in a couple of weeks.
The exporter plugin for Sketchup 2017 is part of 4.20 and can be found here : Datasmith - Unreal Engine

Cheers

HI there ,

Yes, SketchUp 2017 plugin is working with Make and Pro version.

Cheers

Thank you, Marie & Epic!!

Edit : Tried to install, but there is no Sketchup Make version in the list, Marie …

I think we’re a week away from having both 2017 and 2018 supported. Right now, it is just 2018 I believe.

Hi there,

Actually, I made a mistake.
The reason why i was able to get Sketchup Make to work with .Udatasmith was because i had Sketchup Pro in the first place :confused:
Sorry about that …

Are there any plans to release an exporter that works with Make?

That would be up to Trimble… but we can try to negotiate. Sketchup Make is locked down in feature set compared to pro and additional 3D exporters are part of this difference.

I just noticed SketchUp now has a new version called Shop that includes the Pro Exporters. Perhaps that could Datasmith could be worked into that at some point. https://help.sketchup.com/en/sketchup-web/whats-included-sketchup-shop

Sketchup Pro occasionally has $100 off coupons, if you sign up for their mailing list. There was one this past 4th of July, and on Black Fridays as well. $600 for it with coupon isn’t cheap but it is only a one-time cost, not recurring.

I’m having problem with installation of plugin!
error message is:
“Product: Unreal Datasmith Exporter for SketchUp – Error 1721. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action: InstallDirectX, location: C:\Users\HYPERW~1\AppData\Local\Temp\DirectXPrereq\dxsetup.exe, command: /silent”

Do you have idea how can I solve it?

Do you have the Unreal Engine installed on that computer? If not, this may be expected.

In the top section of the Downloads page, notice the line:
"If you are installing these plugins on a computer that will not also have the Unreal Engine installed, then you may first need to install some prerequisite dependencies for either 64-bit or 32-bit systems."
Follow the appropriate link for your computer system to download and install the prerequisite files.

I hope that helps.

Stephen,
Yes of course I have UE installed, and even more I have 4.18.3, 4.19.2 and 4.20 version.
I did already reinstall prerequisite and verify installation of 4.20.
I’m on Win10 latest OS update and DirectX 12.
problem persist :frowning:

I watched the webinar with Chris and Aaron yesterday and Chris mentioned that VRay lights would transfer over into Unreal from SketchUp. I tried this today and it doesn’t seem to be working. Is it possible or do you need to use the VRay for Unreal plugin to do this?

I think you were misled by the webinar. We haven’t made extra effort to port over additional plugins (like vray).

I did seem too good to be true.