Support thread - shooter bp project

@ArKeid0s

It comes with both - projectiles or raycast (traces). In the gun blueprint there’s a var named UseProjectileFire. Switch that to false if you want trace, otherwise it will fire projectiles.

Ok thanks i am buying it then ^^

Thank you!

I sent you an email for the discord :wink:

Hi I just got this from the Marketplace, when I replace the character with my own it messes up the aiming. When I right click the gun no longer comes up and one of the hands is detached from the gun. What am I missing? I added the bone sockets for the camera and the inventory everything else seems to be working fine.

Thanks in advance

@Scriggs69
Hello, thank you very much!

You need to add the virtual bones to the skeleton and the sockets to the gun sights. Please note that the skeleton needs to be reasonably compatible with the Epic’s mannequin. I have a Discord channel and a video instructions that I need to share with you, please just share your Order ID with me privately (or through email) and I’ll send them to you… thank you again!

Oddly enough the engine crashed and when I re-opened it the aiming was fine lol, I sent a pm for the discord. Great job on this man it’s the best one I’ve seen!

Thank you! I’ve just sent you a private forum msg.

Hello got some issues with your system i´m always couple units away ( right direction and down direction ) from the center of screen while aiming. Must say i recreate your project so it fits to mine but the core is the same as yours. Any idea?:rolleyes: Discord would befine

@RatByteOfficial I’d say this looks like the Camera socket on the head bone is not pointing straight forward, or you’re missing a node in the anim graph that straightens the head bone during gameplay. Please send me your order ID in private (or email) and I’ll send you the Discord invite.

How bullets fly in this project? From the eyes or from a weapon?

@GNOM373 From the camera. Bullets flying from the gun’s barrel would mean you’d need to zero each of your sights.

I just done testing the latest demo build version of your shooter gun system from marketplace and wanted to know will you work on the held weapon collisions , cause I found out that weapons do overlap with world static(might be physical) objects …

@Goutamnath93 I’m not sure, that isn’t a priority in this project. That feature might end up being included in the future, but I have to say you shouldn’t count on that…

I bought this and was able to get it 99% working in my existing project after a few hours. I got the sights added and ADS is working well, but I can’t figure out where the left hand placement is set up. I need to adjust that left hand for my existing rifles.

Just tried out the demo and it is looking really good. Are you planning any more updates to this or is it pretty much finished?

Couple of things I noticed in the demo you might consider if you do plan another update.

1. The character should stop sprinting when trying to shoot or ADS. That is pretty normal in games for actions like that to override sprinting. Then when the player stops shooting or ADS, the character should continue sprinting if the shift key is still held down.

2. Some of the animations feel pretty slow. Like when the gun leans to the side while running as an example. It would feel more responsive if the animations were a bit quicker.

3. The character seems to be holding the gun pretty high when in hip fire. The difference between the guns position in hip fire and ADS is very small. From 3rd person, it looks like the character is ADS when they are actually in hip fire. Is it possible to hold the gun much lower when in hip fire, so it actually feels (and looks like from 3rd person) you are firing from the hip.

Hey great product! Just asking, i can see you always update the product, so is there any way to upgrade project without destroy it? for example would you suggest we work on the child actor? And when you update the product we can only overwrite the master blueprint for fixes? Or should we start fresh everytime? :3 Thanks!

There isn’t any specific node already there to adjust the left hand position on the rifle, but it can be easily added in the anim bp like this, for example, to adjust the left hand downwards:

But ideally you’d be using anims made for your rifle, that don’t need these kind of adjustments…

Hi! Yes, I’m planning more updates, the asset isn’t finished yet and I want to hear your feedback. Regarding your specific comments:

1. This is kinda down to personal preference. I guess this kind of stuff is better left for the user to mod to his own needs…

2. The anims provided (and the blending speeds between them) are just examples, ready and easy to be replaced by the user’s own preferred anims and speeds… My intention with the example anims provided was to go for tactical realism speeds instead of fast paced action shooter speeds…

3. The character holds the gun in a position that the gun is within view of the 1st person camera. In fact, I’ve had customers tell me that they’d like it even higher on the screen. Anyway, you can replace the anim with one that holds the gun lower, if you don’t mind the gun being out of your view in 1st person. Again, this only is how the example anim was made, it doesn’t mean your character needs to use the same exact anims. Also, with the addition of a few nodes to the anim bp, it’s possible to adjust hands/gun position (see the other post above) without needing to replace anims, though using anims already made the way you want is the ideal choice imo.

Thank you! This depends on how deep you’re modifying the asset. As you said, if you’re working on child bps it would be easier to update your project to the latest version of the asset, but due to some updates being kinda big, even this approach I think wouldn’t guarantee compatibility as simply as that. Unfortunately this is the downside of having a constantly evolving product. That said, after some time from now, the updates will do less massive changes, which will make things easier. At least that’s the plan…