Download

Shooter Gun System

Man I was having a hell of a time trying to align third person and first person lean so what I see would be exactly what the other person saw when I leaned around a corner :slight_smile:

Its been said that two heads are better than one, not true for FPS Design. LOL.

Good points… I’ll probably have a more solid opinion at the end of next update, when I’ll have completed all replication, animations, etc, for the full-body 1P character. But I tend to agree with you, except not so much regarding looking down for reloading. IRL, yes, you’re right. But, in-game, having the camera “fight” the player to force him to look in some direction can feel unnatural. For ultimate realism I guess you’d have to go into VR, as trying to compensate for some limitations with the mouse and keyboard could end up with an opposite effect in realism…

VR takes a whole new mindset with movement controls. Im not a big fan of teleporting in FPS, unless its on rails with Gallery shooter style mechanics. It could be just me, as Ive been using Gamepads, and M/K all my life. This is another area that could benefit from innovation.

In regards to reloading, I blend several cinematic camera movements for different events, Reloading is one of them. The players knows that when they invoke weapon reloading they will have to look downward at the weapon to do it and it doesn’t fill that unnatural, As a mechanic, It takes your eye off targets, leaving you vulnerable, which means you need to find cover to do it, if you don’t want to get shot.

I treat the camera as independently controlled system, using the Character head/neck for ‘home-base’ mounting. Thus, it can transition to cinematic Cameras and Rails then, return-to-base afterwards.

I found some decent 1p result by mounting camera to a spring arm thats mounted to the head/neck socket of 3p character. The spring arm allows you to insert lag, for a quick stabilizing hack. One can then dial up the lag or procedurally adjust to get Steadycam smoothness. You can deactivate for a rough jittery hand-held feel.

@TechLord

Yes, I guess VR has it’s own limitaitons that hurt realism too. I have almost no experience at all playing VR, but I imagine that moving arount in the level must be quite immersion breaking.

Regarding the camera movements for reloading, I guess if you have a nice camera system, this can be very cool. It can probably add a tactical element to the game…

I like adding Tactics in subtle ways. The 3D Camera is one of the most powerful aspects of 3D, too bad most games under utilize it by locking the player in a specific perspective. I’m going away from that.

Updated to v1.5.0

Change log:

• Character was updated to true first person view - now it has a single mesh (whole body) with a 1P camera attached to the head. Only one anim BP and only one set of anims. No more arms-only mesh and anims.

• Many new original anim sequences and blendspaces for the Epic’s mannequin were added. These were made with true 1P view and 3P view simultaneously in mind, so they work for both.

• Third person camera was added

• The M4 rifle meshes were scaled up so they look better in the mannequin’s big hands!

• Changes in the firing logic and anim simplified the code significantly, without reducing it’s looks and movements

• Firing anims don’t need to be fed with custom play-rates anymore, they now work correctly with a play-rate of 1

• Removed procedural fire anim for firing while aiming. Now firing uses the same anim sequence for both hip fire and aiming fire

• Added reload while aiming, without the need for additional reload anims.

• Gun sight position is now replicated, so you can see exactly which sight the other player is looking through

• Gun and attachments now cast shadows

• Added screen shake when firing

• Added procedural aim sway (from a curve) when walking

• The anim graph is more streamlined now, with the sight alignining code separated from the state machine

Wow, thank you very much for that awesome update. Finally there’s a pack with with true first person and one animation set.

**FPS Assemblable Gun **is missing from the Marketplace.

@TechLord

Yes, I want to make some changes and it will come back after that. In the meantime you’ll keep receiving the updates on your Epic launcher normally.

For some reason, i do not see it in my launcher, that is how i noticed it was missing in the marketplace.

Please check if it appears under the new name “Shooter Gun System”. I changed the product’s name from “FPS Assemblable Gun” because it’s now TPS too, not just FPS.

Although in my launcher it still appears under the old name. Please tell me so I can check with Epic if there’s any issue going on.

(I guess at some point I’ll have to change the title of this thread too, to reflect the new product’s name)

Unfortunately, No Content Found. Content Search - UE Marketplace

@TechLord

I was referring to your launcher’s vault. It’s not in the store at this moment, but it should be in your vault, as it’s in other people’s vault (that I talked to) and also in mine. Please tell me if it’s not in your vault, so I can contact Epic…

Its was back as FPS Assemblable Gun after restart (logon/logoff) the epic launcher, but disappeared. Dont think the launcher like the name change.

Hi @TechLord ,

It seems that the issue causing this glitch was resolved, please check your vault again. Apparently, releasing updates while the product isn’t available at the store require some extra steps on my part to avoid this.

If it’s still not appearing in your vault now, you’ll need to contact Epic directly, please:

https://marketplacehelp.epicgames.com/s/markeplace-case-form?language=en_US

Thank you

Updated to v1.5.1

Change log:

• Quick fix - external cameras “snapping” when crouching/uncrouching - external cameras are now connected to the mesh component, instead of the capsule component

Hi, do you have a tutorial on how getting started with your product ?

@BRUCE_WAYNE_TDK

Hi, this product is not for sale now, so the video is unavailable.

Thank you

Updated to v1.5.2

Chang log:

• Character BeginPlay: no need to wait for the gun and all its attachments to spawn to execute any code anymore

• Gun BeginPlay: no need to wait for the attachments to spawn to execute any code anymore

• Simplified the BeginPlay code of the character and the gun BPs, without changing functionality

• Removed the CheckPartsTimer, CheckAllPartsSpawned, etc. from the gun BP as they aren’t needed anymore

• Simplified the switch weapons code and replication, without loosing functionality

• When not in use, guns now stay visible and attached to the character’s body!