"Set Array Elam" isn`t work at struct array

I am running into a crash issue involving setting array element on a struct array. I don’t suppose these improvements could come with 4.11? :slight_smile:

Hi ,

Right now they are not set to be fixed in 4.11. We hope to get this fixed as soon as possible but struct arrays are quite extensive.

Having same issues, spent a day playing around, found a tidy work around: used “utilites-Array-Insert” to replace struct by index in an array of structs, works fine, removed it to emulate error and post solutions, now it works fine without it??? now even more confused.

Closed down and reopened, still fixed,

My setup:
Object stats arranged in a Data Table,
Structs pulled from Data Table by

Each Struct ticked down ie health over time then feed into an Array of Structs, this tickdown is accessible from array of structs, but once Array is made, “Set members in Struct” and altering individual struct data doesn’t alter elements in array (not initially) they appear locked at point of “Make Array”

Using “utilites-Array-Insert” does work, and appears to continue working after you remove or disconnect node,

Initially I thought set hunger in 3rd image should effect hunger struct which would then update Array of structs on each tick, this was not happening, but after adding insert node it now works, and continues to work even if insert node is removed and now “set hunger” works as expected now.

i thought i was doing something wrong but it seem that i run into same problem too

i cant set members in struct if struct is in a array

using engine 4.11.2

I’ve been experiencing same issue in 4.11.2 as well.
Add (array) node seems to work if that helps at all.

Bug still exists in 4.13 :frowning:

Hi Jonas,

I updated my answer below with link to our public bug tracker. Use it to vote on bug and monitor it’s progress.

Cheers,

TJ

This still is a bug in 4.13

Very annoying bug that took me a morning to figure out, because i thought i was doing wrong thing… Fix this asap.

I’m also in desperate need for this to work, I’ve spend a day trying to debug my program to finally find this :cry:

still not fixed in 4.15 -_-;;;;

According to the issue tracker, it’ll be fixed in 4.16. Let’s hope it’s true :slight_smile:

I’m Also getting Same problem Array in structure is not setting dynamically in blueprint

Sorry my text got deleted by accident. Only have this picture:

Can u help me achieve this (see picture)

Had similar issue with arrays inside struct nested inside map. Tried to remove element inside array by index with no luck.Only way that working is making a copy array of elements you need to stay inside variable, and writing them directly to map.

So has it been fixed in latest update?

EDIT: Not true, it is working for me on 4.24.3, I had a on construct in a separate BP that was clearing that same array.

Still seeing this in 4.24.3

EDIT:

My bad. I seem to have gotten it to work. My issue was that I had packaged everything into a pure function to access my nested variables easier. However, some variable are not set at begin play. I don’t have pins connected and I don’t access them, but having 1 pin on a pure function connected causes it to try and generate all possible outputs (even on unconnected pins). I have moved my nodes to a macro and I can set up variables in my 3rd layer and they get updated to top layer by using methods described here.

Same here. I have several layers of nesting and can’t get values to update in top layer. Everything seems to be passed by copy.

only (quite expensive if I might add) workaround seems to be to create temporary variables which you then push onto your higher level arrays.