Selection issue 4.2

Thanks. I didn’t know that. It’s not ideal, but it’s “enough” to get me by.

Regards,

Glad to hear it! I will update this thread as soon as I see there’s been a fix.

Ok so I got 4.3 preview and this issue still persists. only way I can marquee select is with meshes that are more of a rounded shape or have been rotated in editor. Also using “reimport” does not actually reimport static mesh anymore. Please fix these, I use them all time.

developers are still looking into marquee select issue, but there is no fix for it yet. For now, best group-select option is to hold Shift+Ctrl+Alt and drag in Perspective Viewport.

reimport issue is unrelated. I believe it’s a known issue, but I would encourage you to open a new post in Bug Reports and follow information for bug posting from this post:

I think repro steps for that issue are going to be most important details you can give us. Thanks!

Alright, sounds good. I’ll do that.

I’m canceling my subscription until marquee issue is resolved.

Hey,

Just wanted to give everyone an update on this. It looks like issue has been resolved internally, and will likely be included in 4.4. There is not an official date for 4.4 yet, but we’ve been doing a roughly monthly update so we’re looking at about mid-August.

In meantime, please be aware that marquee select can be performed in Perspective view by holding Shift+Ctrl+Alt and LMB-dragging. Thank you all for your patience while we investigated and fixed this bug!

Hi . Thanks for letting me know. I’ll resubscribe as soon as 4.4 ships. I hate to be a stick in mud, but selection issue is a real show stopper. I can use perspective selection option but it’s ALLOT of keystrokes. If I could set it to be an arbitrary key combination instead, that would be awesome, or even just hold down left and right mouse button at same time. I think way it is now was just a bad design decision. I understand that there is probably a method to madness but I really don’t see it.

Thanks,

Thank you so much for this, do you think you could add it to 4.3.1 maybe? I don’t have a problem waiting for 4.4 but ya know, marquee select is pretty crucial.

I can ask, but it doesn’t seem likely as most of team is already pushing on 4.4 and hot-fixes are usually reserved for crash bugs. Most likely you’re looking at a bit less than a month from now.

I can understand that, and it’s why we asked developers to make it a priority to get it fixed for 4.4.

Perspective marquee select option isn’t intended to replace marquee select in Orthographic viewports, generally. I was hoping it might be a viable workaround for you while we worked on fixing this bug. As I’m sure you’re aware, it’s far more efficient to do it in Ortho, so it’s possible nobody considered an alternate key configuration for using marquee select in Perspective when they set up keyboard shortcuts. I can make a feature request to open up Perspective marquee select in Keyboard Shortcuts, though that’s unlikely to make it in any sooner.

Yeah that’s alright, I’m just happy to know it’s been fixed.

Problem fixed in 4.4 preview. This fix should roll out in 4.4 final

I am resubscribing.

Regards,

Yeah I resubbed too for this too. So happy about it. Good job Epic :smiley:

Hi, . Is there a way to make Perspective marquee select as default instead of having to hold ctrl-alt to marquee select? This is default behavior in Maya and it’d be great to have some sort of consistency in maya style navigation in UE.

Thanks

Hey Feureau,

Unfortunately, this is not something we’re looking to implement at this time. We appreciate your feedback though, and as always feel free to post a feature request in feedback section of forums.