Select node not working in custom blend transition (AnimBP)

Thanks, but I found a way to do it, although it’s a mess. Montages are only useful to me if I needed any of the animations to play in a specific order, which I didn’t. So I’m just loading everything into a state machine and setting the condition to switch animations based on an integer value that I set in the character blueprint. I am bascially hard coding everything every time I add more animations. Which sucks. What I’m looking for is more of a list that I can iteratively update instead of doing it the way I am currently.

Hey I know that its quite late, but I think what is actually missing from this thread is that you can extend the BlendbyInt or Enum right clicking it and adding a pin, or an Enum that you specified before! This way it functions as a Select. I hope this helps other wonderers!

EDIT:
Also I think for the above mentioned purposes you might want to use randomSequencePlayer, maybe even mixing it with an Enum to switch between stages/types

I’m observing this for several versions now and UE-15755 states to be fixed in 4.8 but as of 4.14 I still can use the dysfunctional select node?

Hi AlexW88,

It is unclear why the original issue UE-15755 was closed so I have opened a new report as UE-41147 which you can track on the following link: Unreal Engine Issues. Please be aware that since the issue must be reviewed and prioritized by our development staff, it may be a while before it can be addressed. Also, there is a possibility that this issue could have been closed as “Won’t fix” previously and incorrectly labeled “fixed,” in which case, it will be treated the same, only labeled correctly.

In any event, there are a number of workarounds on this post including the last posted answer that seems particularly useful.

Hi, Could I ask a quick question? If you use BlendPoseByInt/Enum with the BlendTime at 0 for all options, processing wise would this mean no actual blending occurs, so basically equivalent to it being used as a straight switch (I’m using it for a lot of characters at the same time), so just trying to keep the processing loads down, cheers…

random sequence