Save Game not working when APK downloaded from Google Play

Hi, i have the same issue with the shipping build, can you explain me better how to get the android permission ? I want to fix that without " Use ExternalFilesDir for UE4Game files"…

Hello :slight_smile:

Here are screenshots from my project:

Check if permission is already granted:

Then ask for permission if not granted (do nothing if granted):

Re-check permission after it was granted. If permission was granted - create widget with restart prompt. If permission was not granted - create widget with explanation that user cannot run the appication without the permission:

During restart prompt user will have to restart application manually. I know no ways to make such restart automatic with blueprints.

Wow! Thanks man ! I really appreciate your help ! I’m going to try.

You are welcome :slight_smile:

So you know, I had a discussion with the Support team on this topic and they confirm this is the proper way to do it. This has been confirmed by the developper also. The sentence used is not good and lead to a misunderstanding, they know it. But it seems that ExternalFilesDir is not the SD card, but the application folder. They told me it is the way android called dir outside of the core system.
I hope this will help to clarify that.

Hey man, Great work, I have the same problem, I can turn on Storage Permission Manually and it works (THANK GOD). But your blueprint looks really interesting, I’m trying to recreate it but I’m having issues. Are you coding this in a Game Instance, Game Mode Or Level Blueprint? Also How do you get that Input node???

Hi!

I prefer not to use level blueprint or game mode blueprint for scripting (with some small exceptions). You see input node because this is macro. I make some script parts in macros to make the main script more comfortable to read and modify - the entire macro looks like a single node in the main script. And this macro just belongs to one of blueprint classes.

Hi. I want to thank you. Everything worked out great. I want to ask you a question, in the image c after the “check android permission” you created a widget to restart the game, well, this thing in my project does not want to work, after clicking accept permission the game stops and I can not do other actions, of course if then restart remains the permission and the game works perfectly. But the first start is problematic for the player. Do you know what it could be? Thank you.

No problem :slight_smile:

My “restart game widget” is just a text message notifying user that he has to restart application manually in order to continue. I didn’t find any solution that would be any better, at list for 100% blueprint based project.

Iam having issues saving game on android 11
anyone with solution???

i have issue in saving game to android 11 (SDK30+). Save game working fine on all android devices except android 11 becaue of scoped storage in android 11. I really need help iam stuck

i have issue in saving game to android 11 (SDK30+). Save game working fine on all android devices except android 11 becaue of scoped storage in android 11. I really need help iam stuck