save and load array variable in savegame-- need help-- unreal engine4

I think I’m missing something. Where are you looping over the array of actors?

In this widget

Yes, but in the vid, your function doesn’t have any parameters?

No :frowning:

No params…

Ah yes

In case I explain myself better here
2023-02-23 15-21-49.mkv (21.9 MB)

No, this is the save game.

If I make a function like this

When I call it, I can see the parameters

But you have calls like this

But the function has no parameters

Looks like a split struct. Maybe?

1 Like

The thing is that with a simple variable it works, but with an array it doesn’t… look
2023-02-23 15-31-42.mkv (22.5 MB)

The problem is when I grab the object and drop it, it seems that the “get all actor with tag” recognizes it and saves it, but when closing and opening it seems that it is not

Look
2023-02-23 15-40-01.mkv (7.8 MB)

Ok, I think I know.

You can’t save actors / actor references.

If you want to save locations, for example, you have to save an array of vectors. Each vector is the location of an actor.

oh okay, I’m going to try.
But then I don’t understand why without taking the object it melts and once I take it and spawn it no longer…

Yes. If you want to save which actors have been destroyed, you need to have a tag, ID, which is an integer.

You save the IDs which have been destroyed.

When you start the game again, you load the save game, get a list of all the destroyed IDs and remove the actors.

Ok I will try, thank you very much!

BTW: It’s much easier if everything you want to interact with in the level is a blueprint, because then you only have to write to code for one object, and it automatically works for everything you put in the level… :slight_smile:

OFF TOPIC… but gooood LORD clockwork, i see your answers EVERYWHERE. thanks buddy.

1 Like

:cowboy_hat_face:

Yes you can use single save slot for all save game data.

1 Like