's Vertex Snap Editor Plugin, Download for You!

Can you explain more about this, why it is useful? So far the workflow of downloading / uploading to wiki has worked fine for me, and all the source is in the download anyways, let me know!

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Thank You Vernatia!

I have been meaning to get around to debugging that crash, and you just fixed it for me!

Thanks so much for posting!

And congrats on your first post! An exceptionally helpful first post for me!

Welcome to the forums!

New Plugin Build is Live!

The fix Vernatia mentioned is now live!

https://wiki.unrealengine.com/File:VictoryPlugin.zip

I’m trying to use your plugin to help with a performance optimisation for reflection render targets - that is, to stop rendering to the render target when the destination object is not visible. I’m trying to do this using the Visibility Get Rendered Actors node, which should, if I understand this correctly, allow me to determine which actors are currently being rendered. However, it seems to not work on translucent objects, reporting that the object is never being rendered. This makes the plugin entirely useless for my needs. Is there something that can be done about this?

Congrats on your first post!

Welcome the forums!

I am just using Epic’s functions internally, I will post the code here so perhaps Epic can answer your question in greater depth, as I myself can’t comprehend why translucent objects would not be listed as being rendered ever, make sure its not an error on your end somewhere :slight_smile:

void UVictoryBPFunctionLibrary::Visibility__GetRenderedActors(TArray<AActor*>& CurrentlyRenderedActors, float MinRecentTime)
{
	//Empty any previous entries
	CurrentlyRenderedActors.Empty();

//Iterate Over Actors
	for ( TObjectIterator<AActor> Itr; Itr; ++Itr )
	{
		if (Itr->GetLastRenderTime() > MinRecentTime)
		{
			CurrentlyRenderedActors.Add( * Itr);
		}
	}
}
void UVictoryBPFunctionLibrary::Visibility__GetNotRenderedActors(TArray<AActor*>& CurrentlyNotRenderedActors, float MinRecentTime)
{
	//Empty any previous entries
	CurrentlyNotRenderedActors.Empty();

//Iterate Over Actors
	for ( TObjectIterator<AActor> Itr; Itr; ++Itr )
	{
		if (Itr->GetLastRenderTime() <= MinRecentTime)
		{
			CurrentlyNotRenderedActors.Add( * Itr);
		}
	}
}

Thank you! Really great work!

• Thanks for creating the plugin - it is very useful…

I have a problem - if I try to launch my game, it fails with plugin not found error.

Should I just manually disable the plugin every time before launching?

I dont know about launching, but packaging the game should work fine!

why do you need to launch it?

I mostly use

1. play in editor
  2. play in separate game window
  3. run from commandline using batch file with editor closed
  4. package game and ship to ppl

Hi, !

You made a great plugin. Is it possible to ask for one more feature in the future?

If so, I’d like to have a shortcut I’m desperately missing from CryEngine. I mean - pressing Ctrl+Shift and clicking will place your currently selected object right where you clicked, based on object’s pivot. I think Unreal folk don’t know how much time is saved with this simple shortcut (e.g. in Unreal you have to fly all the way to your object and then manually and painfully move it to the destination). Also, another great one is - “Align object to object”. This one would take your currently selected object and align it to the clicked object (again, based on pivot), and match position, rotation and scale. It can be also very handy in many cases.

Hopefully we can have these one day :slight_smile: But in any case, thanks for your awesome work!

**Your Request Feature Is Already In The Plugin

Press the T Key!**

Hi there!

I already added a feature like this to my plugin!

I call it instant translate!

You press the t key and any selected objects, whether it is one or a whole group, get instantly repositioned to where your mouse cursor is!

**Furthermore, until you press T again, you can instantly move stuff just by dragging the mouse around!

This gives you much more refined placement capabilities!
Try it!

I have all hotkeys in a little pop up in top-left corner if you move your mouse to top-left corner of viewport, you’ll see it pop in!

It also shows up when you first click on a static mesh actor.

Note the plugin only works with Static Mesh Actors

The full engine integration works with BSP, Skeletal Mesh Actors, and Static, but that is still in the works on github.

's Instanced Static Mesh Editor

I added a new feature to my Vertex Snap Editor Plugin which is an optional plugin that comes with my Vertex Snap Editor Plugin!

**Super-Efficient Way to Render 1000s of Meshes!**

In this video you can see my frame rate go from 9 fps with 1500 static mesh actors in the scene, back to over 100 fps, with the simple press of a key! And all the geometry in the level is preserved!

You can now easily create a super efficient instanced static mesh from a selection of regular static meshes, and also undo the process to make individual edits!

**I explain everything in the video!**

Entire C++ Code in Download

I include my plugin’s entire C++ source code, including the new feature, in my plugin download!

**Installation Instructions**

https://wiki.unrealengine.com/%27s_Vertex_Snap_Editor_Plugin#Installation

Enjoy!

PS: Make sure to get my latest plugin version, it includes a fix for maintaining vertex shape choice as well as current vertex scaling (change vertex scaling with and ] keys)

What a great addition EverNewJoy aka

https://assets-cdn.github.com/images/icons/emoji/unicode/1f44d.png

Your devotion to the UE4 Community is unquestionable and outstanding

https://assets-cdn.github.com/images/icons/emoji/unicode/1f4af.png

I have a small suggestion. Would it be possible to change it so we can disable vertexes until we enable them again? Not just with the current selection, only to have them appear again when we select another mesh. They are very distracting so it would be great to be able to hide them.
Also I can’t seem to get scaling of vertexes to work with ISO keyboard layout, nothing happens when I press the key where and ] are located on ANSI layout keyboard or where they are located on ISO layout.

Is it compatible with 4.7.2/5? can’t get it to work though it’s enabled in plugins and I have the lines in DefaultEngine.ini

In the most recent version I am fixing an issue where the user chosen settings actually persist

:slight_smile:

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]**Welcome to the forums RinceWindk! **

I am about to release a new version that is current with 4.7.3, one moment.

** Vertex Snap Editor Plugin
CL# 333**

I’ve made some updates to my Vertex Snap Editor plugin, as requested!

• and - are the keys that make verticies bigger and smaller again, can hold them down
  1. The following user choices now persistent across multiple selections of different static mesh actors
    a. vertex type
    b. vertex size
    c. whether or not to show verticies

2. If you have verticies set to not draw (press U to toggle), then the “Victory Hot Keys” button does not appear in the upper left
    (less distracting while the whole system is disabled anyways)

[QUOTE=Sitrec;259411]
I have a small suggestion. Would it be possible to change it so we can disable vertexes until we enable them again? 
[/QUOTE]

Your wish is granted!

:)

Download

Most Current Download Link (Filze Size is < 1 mb)

Enjoy!

:slight_smile:

Thanks a lot, works great with 4.7.5 too

Fantastic! Thanks !

Cant wait for 4.8 support! I’m lost developing in 4.8 without this plugin and 4.7.6 crashes too often and is too buggy to develop in.

Hee hee!

awww

Well that provides me lots of motivation to get 4.8 going once the official release happens (several weeks I imagine?)

Vertex snap editor is guaranteed to get updated when 4.8 official comes along because it is bundled with my Victory BP Library :)

Have fun today Nsomnia!

4.8 Released as of 6/10/15

Dear Community,

I’ve completed my Vertex Snap Editor upgrade to 4.8 !

This is the 6/10/15 build of the plugin that you can download from the Epic Wiki!

**Latest plugin download is here: (about 8 mb) **
https://wiki.unrealengine.com/File:VictoryPlugin.zip

Enjoy!