's UMG Tutorial: Create a Scrollable List of Buttons From a Dynamic Array

Hi ,
Thank you to your guide but I have a problem. How can I work with these buttons now? How can I make them “interactible”?

Thank you so much

Lorenzo

Thanks is just what I need right now!

I feel a little bad resurrecting a necro thread, but it’s such a good post, I don’t mind that much!

I’m trying to retrieve values in variables assigned to the dynamic objects (the buttons). However I can’t seem to properly reference back to my main blueprint (which is not my character BP). When I try to reference back to my “characterSheet” BP, the node asks me for another target (what the heck?!).

Humor me if you will:

1. I have an array of IDs (WPs) which I am parsing out any that repeat in a second array of IDs, just to ensure duplicating isn’t possible.

2. After that I pass the ID(s) as a Name to a table look-up, create an instance of the widget button/text, assign an ID to that button, set the text value, and return to the rest of the loop

3. The loop repeats after I assign the button as a child to a Vertical Box element in the main UMG BP.

4. I have verified everything works properly up to point, as I’m able to see the buttons and text populate the screen as I desired, and when I click one, I can “PrintString” to the screen and verify the ID is correct.

So the question is: How do I get the value “ClickedButtonIDPublic” back to the “CharacterSheet” BP? I feel like is so stupidly obvious, but I’m hitting a brick wall.

Update: I got an answer to my question. I didn’t understand the proper application of event dispatchers. I do now. Yay.

Hello ! First thank you for tutorial, so helpful !

Forgive me if my question is stupid, but I am new to UE…

When creating addlistitem (checkboxes in my case) I need to add another data (visibility). I tried to nest a loop, create another function but nothing worked…

Where am I wrong ?

Thank you in advance !

OK someone told me how to do: use an array of a struct

I can’t believe … saves me once again. You are a legend !