Rubbish Man #Devlog

I like driving in my Car

3 Likes

Hi @tegleg !

The car build is so cool! :star_struck:

For players, will there be a tutorial on building? Will there be a basic prerequisite requirement in order to build items? (for example, a player can build a car using as much materials as desired, but it must have at least four wheels, an engine, and a seat)

1 Like

This is very good. I like very much the way you are handling the building methodology.
Great idea💡

1 Like

thanks
yes there will be a tutorial on how to build things.

the only requirement to be able to build vehicles is that you have built yourself, your character. your character can only be built from items that fit the size criteria. any items of a certain size in any order.

you can put together any objects in any configuration using the available attachments.
a seat is required to drive and an engine or motor of some sort is required to have powered attachments. you can increase the power by adding more engines. other than that you can let your imagination run wild.

there will be missions that will need certain types of vehicles, or more accurately vehicles that can do certain things, carry objects, fly to a certain place etc, but again there is no restriction on the vehicle configuration.

3 Likes

Superbe, you have packed a lot of ideas inside your game.

1 Like

I like driving in my… COW!
testing vehicle destruction

1 Like

The back story

2 Likes

this whole project is the most rubbish thing i’ve seen yet

2 Likes

Hi @tegleg!

Thank you for sharing Rubbish Man’s wicked origin story! Dr. X’s experiment certainly caused an interesting turn of events! It’s amazing that a solution was discovered that brought humanity back to the original universe. What’s even more amazing is that the residual effects of this experiment resulted in a sentient shoe! (queue shot of the lonely, abandoned shoe beside the desolate road in the pouring rain)

I could already tell from your first reveal that Rubbish Man is going to be loads of fun! I’m eagerly looking forward to the game’s Steam debut! What more are you expecting to complete before Rubbish Man is ready for the public?

1 Like

thanks

most of the core mechanics are done, environment is mostly done
i need to make the UI look pretty and find or invent a better way of doing the back end of missions
and probably a million little changes, fixes and improvements along the way

i intend to have it ready for the summer
lets hope the origin story is not misconstrued as social commentary and cause outrage and send it viral

1 Like
4 Likes

would anyone like to help me with this game?
Not necessarily with development, I’m quite happy to put in all the work myself.
I mean marketing and finance.
Send me a DM