RPG Engine

A lot of new features are on the way! :rocket:

One of them is a new random item spawner system. Simply place a spawner where you need it, choose an item type and a list of possible items, then set the amount to spawn. When the game begins, the system will distribute the selected number of random items across the available spawn points. :game_die::package:

You no longer need to open the inventory to drop an item — simply press G to quickly drop the item you’re holding. :backpack:
2026-09-24 17-21-49_2

Development Update — New Features, Smarter Controls, and a New Visual Direction

Hey everyone!

I’ve been working hard on the upcoming update, so I haven’t always had enough time to keep the dev blog updated. However, I have a lot of new information to share — the update is getting closer every day.

Many New Additions

This update contains a large number of new features, improvements, and quality-of-life improvements. In this post, I want to highlight just a few of them.

Key Rebinding

One of the requested features is finally coming: key rebinding.

You’ll be able to customize the controls to match your own playstyle and make RPG Engine more comfortable to use.

Smart Control Hints

I’ve also added a new smart hint system. Instead of showing every possible action at once, the game will display only the buttons and actions that are currently available to the player.

The hints will react to the character’s current state and equipment. For example, available actions may change depending on:

  • Whether the character is holding a weapon
  • Whether a scope or other attachment is installed
  • Which Character State is currently active
  • Other gameplay conditions and interactions

The system is tightly connected to Character States, making it flexible and easy to configure for different situations, weapons, tools, and gameplay mechanics.

New Low-Poly Models

Our 3D artists are also developing several new models as part of the project’s transition to a low-poly visual style.

I’m attaching the concept art to show the direction we are moving in. The goal is to create a clear, recognizable, and cohesive visual identity while keeping the assets practical for development and optimized for gameplay.

We are also currently working on a new low-poly vehicle model. It is still in development, but it will become part of the expanding collection of assets for RPG Engine.

About the Team

I’m genuinely happy that I’ve been able to bring together a team of talented game-industry professionals. Our developers and 3D artists are putting a great deal of skill and care into the project, and their work is helping RPG Engine move forward with stronger quality, polish, and visual direction.

Stay tuned — the update is coming very soon!

A Look Behind the Scenes

Dear friends, here’s a small look at what the private RPG Engine task board currently looks like.

The development process is moving at an incredible pace — there are many tasks in progress, new systems being prepared, and a lot of work happening behind the scenes. We’re pushing forward every day to bring the next update to life as soon as possible.