Rivers are invisible on the landscape with size more than 8x8 km

The screenshot:

You see a lake and just a line showing form of a river. To verify, I created 8x8 km landscape, added a river, added just one landscape component, and the river disappeared. How to fix this?
P. S. Please do not pay attention for the grass and bushes under the lake water, it’s just demonstrational map.

1 Like

Bump. The topic is actual.

Double bump.

Triple bump.

Quadruple bump. @SupportiveEntity, you had already explained me about water, can you answer again?

Hey there @Etyuhibosecyu! Are rivers appearing on other maps? Does the lake deformation work correctly?

1 Like

Thanks for the reaction @SupportiveEntity! Rivers aren’t appearing on other maps. Lake deformation works correctly.

Rivers won’t appear on other maps either… hmm. That’s interesting! Is there any way you could pack up a small example project for me? The reason I ask is because that is pretty irregular for river deformation to fail entirely (usually it’s just distorted) while lakes aren’t affected. Does the affect other projects as well?

1 Like

@SupportiveEntity, here is the really minimal project, without side levels, unused assets, temp folders etc. Just 242 MB. And (at least on my computer) lake works whereas river doesn’t.

@SupportiveEntity, is there a progress with figuring out a problem?

@SupportiveEntity, I do not see this in fixed in 5.4.2 or 5.4.3. Are there any news about this? There has been elapsed SEVEN MONTHS, it’s a huge period!

@SupportiveEntity, could you please answer?

Hey there again @Etyuhibosecyu! I haven’t seen any changes to this issue as of yet. I believe this to be related to how the landscape brushes are applied. When checking the texture the deformation writes to, the rivers themselves aren’t represented, but are fine on smaller maps. The water system itself breaks down at extreme sizes.

1 Like