Replace Blueprints with C#

You haven’t named a single valid reason to switch to C#.
C++ has everything what C# has (except GC, but Unreal has it implemented, Although I prefer custom memory management).

Blueprints > Any other language though. They’re fast to produce, easy to understand but can get messy fast, which is avoidable with functions and Macros.

The Language doesn’t matter, you can produce Garbage with C++, but also with C#. It’s the idiot in front of the monitor who counts.
If you’re not willing to learn C++ for Unreal, don’t use Unreal.
If you’re not willing to learn C# for Unity, don’t use Unity.

I can vouch for that - just by dabbing at BP I created whole a lot of stuff for my project, including stackable inventory system. I don’t have any formal training in software development (although I come from Quake and Doom 3 modding scene).

Oh god not again this ****…

Guys, if you don’t like BP, use UE4 C++ ffs. Its way easier than raw C++… And for those who are really really disliking both for any reason, there are plenty of plugins for other scripting languages out there. Also Mono is working on UE4 C# so now please, wait for it or adapt to C++.

I really dont care your opinion, i care only what Epics will do. And also, why you even ask for reasons, if you cant understand any of it? You cant even understand what exactly i suggest. You need to be professional programmer for that, not BP user.

PS: lol and again, i know that epics will listen crowd not me. Or they just understand that its hard to implement and will not risk to do that. So i dont even care. I am just giving you genius idea. And i will continue using C++ as usual, just cause i dont have options.

Cheers.

G’day,

There are also numerous discussions on this topic already and I can see this thread rapidly degenerating.
I’m going to preempt Godwin’s law kicking in by using the following image:

And close this thread.

Thank you

Kris