Rendering since 48hrs, Building Lighting 76%

my level currently has about 500.000 objects. I use fully dynamic lights and it looks great. How long should i sit to render my world :3 ten 10.000 years. One reason to not take baked light.

Good luck with that baking :slight_smile: !

I will try to learn how to use the swarm agent in a network. I can have access to 5 PCs in that network and I hope that this will make baking time affordable.

I have a very basic scene, a table, two chairs and some floors, the lighting compiling always gets stuck at 80%.

-which engine version?
-when you click on the swarm icon in the systray, is there still something moving?
-do you build it with production quality? :slight_smile:
-what are you pc specs

I wonder if there is any “formula” to the lightmap building task complexity…
Like something that would allow to estimate and compare resource demands.
For example, if it would be as simple as: Number of meshes times the number of static lights times the number of light bounces times a factor for shader complexity, divided by the product of available CPU cores times clock speed…

Or is there way to predict if a lightbuild takes 20 hours on a i4790@4GHz, how long would it take on a i7120X@1.333GHz ?

I had the same problem. My antivirus/firewall was blocking something. I closed it completely and it finished fine.

4.9.2 has a lightmass build bug, a scene can become corrupted somehow and the light build will freeze. It doesnt seem to project wide as a new scene started will build fine. 4.10 appears to fix the bug, so lets hope it goes final soon.

• I seem to have fixed my project, adding a new scene that didnt have a corrupted light baking setup appears to have fixed the other scenes in the project.