Remote compiling requires a server name. Please specify one in the Remote Server Name Setting Field. Not packaging from Windows to IOS in last Unreal versions (4.17-4.21)

is this still the case as of 4.21.1?

Yeah the problem persists for old projects, it’s less present for new native projects with a newer version of Unreal Engine as last 4.21 when you start from scratch and you not activate IOS plug-in as ARkit… we works with Windows 64 pro and PC and we make projects for IOS and Android without great problems…

ADL

I stumbled on this while trying to compile a plugin. No AR is enabled.

The solution in my case was to edit the .uplugin file and under “Modules”, set the “Type” to “Developer”

1 Like

This is still the case in 4.22 not sure why this happens.

None of this helped. So I made a new project with same engine version, tried to package to IOS and see if it works (it worked) and then migrated the files from old project. This worked for me. (I just selected my 3 maps and pressed migrate and it migrated all the files. Just need to set the project settings a bit and it will work. Or maybe somehow copy the project settings. Also the project has to be blueprint and no custom plugins or any other thing that you need to compile.)

Same problem!!! T_T

In 4.22 is it still the case?

Don’t use the code version of the engine (the one downloaded by GitHub). It took me two days to find out. If you try all the solutions that others say are not working, that’s probably the reason.

Don’t use the code version of the engine (the one downloaded by GitHub). It took me two days to find out. If you try all the solutions that others say are not working, that’s probably the reason.

Using version 4.26. Downloaded from Epic Launcher. Same issue: when you enable ARkit plugin, it requires remote server, otherwise, build for iOS from Windows runs fine. Visual studio 2019 is also installed. Applied fix from LuxuryDesign, but still the same error: LogPlayLevel: Error: ERROR: Remote compiling requires a server name. Use the editor (Project Settings > IOS) to set up your remote compilation settings.

So it seems that for ARkit is must have remote compiling on Mac?

This happens when your project switched to c++. Either by some plugin or you created C++ project. You would not get this when your project is blueprint only.

If you got source folder in project’s root dir your project is not blueprint only.

On this page

You will see:
“If you are creating a Blueprint-only iOS project, you do not need to use the full remote-build process detailed in the sections below”

I have figured out the solution. I am working on 4.26. I was getting the same error which is “Remote compiling requires a server name”, I did following steps;

• Created completely new project specific for mobile, blueprints, and no starter content.
  • Copied the content folder from the previous project into this newly created project
  • Once done with copying, open the new project and go to project settings > IOS; import provision and certificate. Also add the bundle name and identifier same as in the previous project.
  • Go to packaging > list of maps to include in a package build. Add your specific maps you want to build (optional step/if you get cook failed error then try this)
  • Once done with all the above steps, go to File > Package project > iOS