[RELEASED] for UE4: Complete Sky and Weather System

I am impressed with what I see but there is no reason to ask for a subscription for . I would purchase at 150 US even if that did not include the source. If it works and I can gather data from it for player information then no need for source.

No Sub please!

Would also like to know what happens when subscription has ended? Also the price in the Unity asset store is $50 and isn’t a subscription, seems like a much better deal.

Interesting. On their website, it’s $150 for the Unity version(on sale from $250!), but on the unity Asset Store, it’s $50! But for UE4, it’s about $195 (For some reason listed as euros where the Unity stuff is listed in dollars.), and that’s a subscription.

I’m hugely interested in plugin, but the lack of response, documentation and haphazard licensing, pricing and overall organization has pretty much eliminated any excitement I had about it :confused:

Get yo **** together Simul and take my MONEY!

I totally agree, i am also really interested in plugin!

Yup, If we could continue to use what we’ve created with it after subscription has ended I would have subscribed the first time I saw it. Not sure If I would dare to buy it when they hardly reply at all, don’t want to depend on a plugin in case it end up not continuing support for further UE versions.

Selling in USD plays havoc with our accounting software so we’re sticking with pounds until plugins are allowed in UE4 Marketplace. The pound is weak right now, so your dollars go a bit further than they used to!

If your subscription lapses, you can no longer change the sky properties from within Unreal Editor, but everything else continues to work.

We also have a monthly subscription at £15 a month.

And 's a voucher code for 50% off a 1-year sub: 459adb12ef- it’s good until Friday!

Just to be clear - anything you create with on a subscription will continue working after it expires. If you publish a game with content, it won’t stop working or expire. The subscription is for you, to use the tools.

The Unity Asset store is taking their time updating from the early-bird launch price to the regular pricing; they’re also a bit slow posting updates so we’re ok with while they’ve still sending out version 1.0 to customers.

For Unity - there’s an initial product, , at $250. There will be bug fixes, but not major updates. Any major updates for Unity will be a separate product, e.g. 2.

For UE4, we’re going with a subscription model, with continuous updates - so you’ll always have something that tracks our latest -set.

has just been added: I’ll post some docs and a tutorial ASAP. Basically, you can control everything from Blueprint.

Looks brilliant ! Now if only our game universe had clouds…! Keep it up!

Thanks for clearing all of that up! I’m happy to hear the reasoning behind the subscription model. It certainly makes a lot more sense than a single purchase.
I’ll see if I can scrape together the funds before Friday! :smiley:

• I’d love to see an update of your Personal Jet demo with !

That sounds great! We’ll give it a try, thanks .

By the looks of it, I can’t purchase a subscription without a credit card which is connected to my PayPal account, would it be possible to allow any purchase through PayPal, for example through direct debit and a connected bank account?

Haha, blows my time of day setup out of the water! Well done man, those clouds are beautiful. :slight_smile:

Can ya’ll add lightning?

I can’t immediately see why doesn’t work already: what message do you get from PayPal or the gateway?

Sure! It’s in our main set, we just need to polish up the interface and UE integration.

I am sorry for my late response, but is the message I get when trying to purchase through PayPal:
“Sie müssen eine Kreditkarte hinzufügen, um den Einkauf abzuschließen. Für diese Zahlung ist momentan leider kein Lastschriftverfahren möglich.”
As it’s in German, I will translate it: “You need to add a Credit Card to complete the purchase. There is no direct debit available for payment.”

Cool but why a year subsription? why you dont sell the asset and people will just have it? , is like paying unreal engine so developers has to pay 20 us a month for unreal and like 10 or 12 us for the system? and we are talking unreal engine not a system for unreal , sounds unfair for most indie developers , dont help at all …personal opinion although with all respect .