Realistic Face Markerless Motion Capture

This is just a test, so from the start I did not intended to give away or sell the scene or materials…but if you are interested in that subject, I wrote this article talking about that: BRAV FG / TEXTURING A REALISTIC FACE FOR REAL TIME RENDERING INSIDE UNREAL ENGINE 4 – Texturing.xyz

The lack of detail and expression in the eyes is disturbing…

Sorry to hear that, I tried my best

how are you able to get 50 60 fps in real time mocap or is the mocap done beforehand ?? i cant get above 20 fps what pc are you using share specs please]
and also how are linking faceshift with unreal ??

ps im using a intel realsense f200 and a i7 6700k with a old nvidia 2gb ddr3 gpu

This is really interesting and excellent work. I hope this kind of feature comes native to Unreal Engine someday. I would love to motion capture with my webcam. Amazing work, I will read your article about this.

Dear Brav, you should be proud of yourself, its easier to blame than do the job. Just a reminder from a 2013 video from Nvidia’s CEO Mr Huang, where several times he says computer attempts to mimic human expressions or look are creepy… so deep is the abyss from what a human expression/look are from what we can process into computers… I think most of those words are still valid almost 4 years later…

video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cZIaUEmnLI

Cheers and again congratz!

I use a cheap Kinect for Xbox360 that I have at my home. This was one of my problems, not having a decent budget to get a good camera to record the motion capture flawlessly without noise due to low video quality. To fix this problem, I decide to give the recording data a pass inside of Maya to fix all the glitches and noise errors, and then export everything back to Unreal. My computer specs are the following:

CPU: i7 4930K Overclocked
RAM: 32 RAM 1886mhz
GPU: GTX 1080 Super Overclocked

Thanks you so much for your kind words, means a lot! :slight_smile: yeah its a difficult endeavour, because I did it all alone with cheap/accesible technology. That is why I said I did my best, because I didn´t have access to fancy tecnology. Thanks for the video!

Thanks! and yes that would be a great feature to add to Unreal, but you would need more than a webcam to capture motion :slight_smile:

Can we have the skin material?

Right now the skin material is not intended to be shared, cause its really caotic, not well organized. If you are curious how its was done, you can read this article I wrote about skin texturing and material in UE4: BRAV FG / TEXTURING A REALISTIC FACE FOR REAL TIME RENDERING INSIDE UNREAL ENGINE 4 – Texturing.xyz