Question for "Doom like" sprite system

Try the Compare nodes with these angles: 22.5, 67.5, 112.5, 157.5 and take a look at the numbers printed on screen because you may not need to have negative values, I don’t use them.

And for the relative rotation I have: -135, -90, -45, 0, 45, 90, 135 and 180.

Now, I’m going to note down on my to-do list for tomorrow to write and post a thread explaining this and I’ll upload some screenshots of my graphs, even without the video I was making would that be useful for you?

You also mention Matinee, I don’t quite understand what do you use it for.

Thanks for the reply.
I figured it out and its seems to be working good with all angles now. I had the less then A and B wired up wrong so I wasn’t getting If condition True.
Your right I didn’t need negative numbers after all for it to work correctly. Thanks for the help :slight_smile:

If u do make a post showing your Graphs and explaining I would still find it very useful. I did manage to get it working now but I don’t 100% know why it works lol But I’m glad it does. Thank you
I’ve added pic with my changes

Matinee I use for making short movies. I use the unreal engine as a renderer because its a lot faster workflow then using 3dsmax for organizing scenes and rendering.
This is one of my old movies I made in Matinee
The box TheBox ( unreal 3 Machinima ) - YouTube

My project requires a old style look too it like it was made in the 90s so using a game engine is the best way to go. When complete its something to watch not something to play.

Oh I see now, I had the impression that you used Matinee to animate the sprites, for transforms or something like that.

If you use it for movies you may not need to apply rotations, you could modify the material to make sprites face the camera all the time or do it with another function and use the angle calculation to switch between the different lists of sprites with their respective angleviews, it depends on the kind of look you want to apply to characters.

I prefer like this because when a character turns you can see the sprite rotating and you wouldn’t notice that if it faces the camera all the time.

Here you have it:

[TUTORIAL] Very easy and simple “Doom like” sprite based character](Very easy and simple "Doom like" sprite based character - Community Content, Tools and Tutorials - Unreal Engine Forums)