Quest Map and Navigation System

I’ve searched the thread and it appears that this is not currently Unreal Multiplayer (<64 players) ready?

Through working with a client, a bug was discovered that meant if you played the game on a secondary monitor, some functions of this system would result in errors and unexpected results. A fixed version, with a new improved panning system that is MUCH more responsive and smooth, has been submitted to Epic. Hopefully you will all receive notifications in the launcher about this soon (though it’s in Epic’s hands now).

Hmm… It would appear that the forum didn’t sent me the email to let me know you had posted this here! I’m very sorry it’s taken this long to get back to you!

It really depends on what you want to do. The system is entirely localised on the player and their UI. I do not foresee any issues with it running on a multi-player project, though I have not tested it. However, the player will only ever see themselves on the map as that was the intention - to show the played in control. It wouldn’t be particularly hard to rig it up to show other players, and I intend on setting this up in a future update (it would have been this one but I’ve been quite busy on another project of late). I hope that answers your question :slight_smile:

It did, thanks!

Hey guys. Just letting you know that this system is on sale (30% off) during this week as part of Epic’s RPG week for the summer sale!

Last chance to grab this pack on sale before it ends after the weekend! :wink: Just sayin’

Just a notice that I will be on vacation for 2 weeks starting tomorrow. I will still be taking support requests, but the more detailed/complicated requests will require waiting until I return home and have access to my PC again. Thanks for your understanding.

Hey guys. Just wanted to drop in and say that I currently am without internet due to moving house. I’ve had a friend of mine fire up this system and test it out thoroughly under 4.14 and he has found no errors or issues with it. As such, I’ve updated the pack to be listed as supported for 4.14. If anyone runs into any issues that they feel are due to the version, please be sure to email me at apoisonedgift@gmail.com asap and I’ll try and get them sorted. Working through this stuff without internet is… difficult haha. Thanks!

Just a notice guys - anyone interested in this pack should know that it is currently 30% off as part of Epic’s Holiday Sale! Enjoy!

Quest Map and Navigation System v1.1 has been submitted to Epic and should be available sometime in the next few days. Version 1.1 focusses on making the integration process a lot easier, and prepares the kit for some extended functionality that I hope to add in the near future. I have also gone through and reworked all commenting for consistency in quality and style. Access specifiers have been set correctly on all functions, and all functions have also been given a tooltip description, meaning the system is now not only easier to integrate, but easier to understand, work with and expand upon.

A new integration tutorial has been recorded and is currently queued for processing in youtube (meaning it should be available for viewing in the next few hours, though, obviously, will not be of much use until Epic have made the update available). Thanks, as always, for your support guys!

The version 1.1 update has been applied by Epic and is now available in the launcher :slight_smile: Thanks for your continued support all.

Looks like I made a minor error in the update for the system under 4.13 and 4.14 (4.10, 4.11 and 4.12 are fine)… Inside of the C_Manager-LocalMap component, the second branch should be checking against IsOpen as shown below.

Apologies for the inconvenience. Please note that this will not stop Quest Map from working in any way, it will just mean that the local map continues to update even when it’s closed. The performance impact should be pretty negligible, but it’s an easy fix to apply :slight_smile: I will submit updated files to Epic shortly to sort this out. Thanks for the understanding.

A small update fixing the above issue, as well as a fix for some issues created by Epic’s update process in the previous build, has been made available via the Epic Games launcher. If you are already working with the system and have not run into any issues, there’s no real reason to stress about upgrading to this build (just apply the fix outlined in the post above this one yourself :slight_smile: ). Thanks guys!

The Quest Map and Navigation System has just been marked as compatible for 4.15 as there is no changes required for the 4.14 build to work with 4.15. There does appear to be some odd lighting results in 4.15, but it does not actually stop the system from working (seems to be something in the level, not Quest Map itself). An updated build for 4.15 will be submitted to Epic sometime next week, but anyone wishing to start working with the system in 4.15 can go ahead with it now. Thanks for the continued support.

Hey guys, just dropping in to let you know that the Quest Map and Navigation System is on sale from now until February the 28th at a rate of 30% off! Have fun!

Hey guys. So I’m considering releasing a bundle with several of my products together and would love to get some feedback from anyone who has my products, or has considered them. If you have a couple of minutes, I’d really appreciate heading over to the survey linked below and filling it out :slight_smile: There is a question asking if you would like to share your email address with me for future release information, however it is 100% optional. No personal information is provided to me from your results, unless you yourself write it in there, but I did set it to require a login to a google account to discourage people trying to submit answers multiple times :slight_smile: Anyways, for those that do take the time to fill this out it is very much appreciated!

Survey Link: https://goo.gl/forms/RlYsrnuHchKnflAA3](https://goo.gl/forms/RlYsrnuHchKnflAA3)

Just jumping in here to notify everyone that Quest Map has been tested under UE4 4.16 and everything appears to be working as intended, so I’ve gone ahead and marked it as compatible with 4.16. This means that you are now able to download it as a 4.16 project ready to go rather than doing the conversion yourself. If you run into any issues running this system under 4.16 please let me know and I’ll investigate! Cheers.

I just wanted to drop in and let you guys know that I’ve uploaded ALL of my products to Gumroad as well as Itch.io.

Why have I done this?

A number of customers have expressed that they wanted to be able to support me more than just purchasing my content on the marketplace. I do have a patreon, but that is currently undergoing a bit of a redesign and changing up all the perks and such, and I don’t really like pushing that on people because it feels weird haha. However, sites like Gumroad and Itch.io allow me alternative marketplaces to sell my work where I keep a slightly higher percentage of the sale (as Epic take 30%). As such, for those who are looking for a way to support me a bit more, I will be pointing them to these outlets for purchasing my work, as it makes no difference to the user’s wallet, but does result in a little more for me to keep. I have no desire to force people onto these alternate marketplaces, and I will continue to release my content via the UE4 marketplace, this simple offers a few difference choices for end users to pick from.

What is different when buying on the other marketplaces?

There are a few differences… Most noticeably, the content you purchase of mine will not appear in the launcher if you go via these marketplaces. Instead you will have ongoing access to a download repository of all versions of the product you purchase that are available. Content will actually be updated more quickly on these alternative marketplaces due to Epic’s update procedure (hopefully this will be changing in the future but currently, we have to work with what Epic have). Aside from this, you will receive the same example projects and such as available on the marketplace. In my opinion, as it stands, the UE4 marketplace is an inferior platform to both Gumroad and Itch.io for both sellers and customers, but the UE4 marketplace is far more convenient. So either choice is fine, pick whichever you are most comfortable with!

I’ve given links below to my content on both sites, as well as updated the OPs of all my products with links to these sites. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to ask away, either here, via my dedicated support portal, or join my support discord! Thanks for the continued support guys and I look forward to sharing future work with you soon!

Dapper Raptor Development on Itch.io

Dapper Raptor Development on Gumroad

Just a notice that version 1.2 of the Quest Map and Navigation System has been uploaded to Gumroad and Itch.io as well as submitted to Epic Games. This update focusses on a fairly substantial UI bug found recently that occurs only in the packaged build of the project. I would recommend testing a packaged version of your game to see if you get this bug (UI hiding when a waypoint is on screen) and if so, consider updating the files. A video will be coming out in the coming week covering the integration process, as well as touching on how one might go about updating. If you do not use the onscreen waypoint markers, this update should not impact you. I’ll drop in here to let you know when the update is available via the launcher :slight_smile: Thanks.

Hey guys. Just letting you know that the Quest Map and Navigation System has been tested under 4.17 and appears to run and act entirely as intended without alteration. As such, I have gone ahead and marked it as 4.17 compatible on the marketplace, allowing the creation of 4.17 projects through the launcher (Gumroad and Itch.io have also had 4.17 downloads uploaded). As always, if you run into any issues running under this version, or any other for that matter, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me. Cheers.

Please note that Epic still have not processed the submitted update mentioned in the prior post. Epic have stated their current response time is between 1 and 2 weeks, so we should hopefully see the update applied sometime this week/early next week. Thanks for your understanding with this.

Version 1.2 of the Quest Map and Navigation System, the version mentioned above with the bugfix that removes use of the HUD and instead converts the system to pure UMG, is now live via the Epic launcher. This will change the integration process very slightly, and I will be publishing a new tutorial covering this in the next 24-48 hours. Those who are adept with blueprints will likely be able to take the current integration tutorial and work their way through that without needing to wait for the new one. Thanks for your patience in this matter.