Pursuit of Realistic Cinematic Scene

New stuff! Had to make short commercial video about juice. So i got bored and played around a little bit

new Stuff again. Still in WIP. Nothing is baked no VXGI just one light with skylight.

This looks really good. What technique do you use for grass if it isnt secret?

Thank you so much :D:D

Thanks guys. @Nigkdo there you go. Unreal Engine 4 - Advanced Cinematic Grass Blueprint *FREE ASSETS* (Updated: 5/6/2020) - YouTube

somehow, shadows are disappearing. When i render it out using matinee, high res screenshot, shadows are disappearing. There is a 5 trees uses Dynamic inset shadow. When i disable 3 of them shadows are coming back. Is there anyone knows how to solve this problem?

Thanks for the link. Awesome grass.

Interior lighting with VXGI. {WIP}
Everytime when i use emmissive material light penetrates all wals. No matter how thick that wall is…

Incredible. well done!

Omg… i really like this scene… may i know your post processing setting?
I’m new to unreal, cant seems to get screen effects like these…

I’ve tried messing with post processing volume but can’t make this effects… any advice would help me learning more.

Thank you Staggerlee

Mostly i color grade my images using photoshop. But if i’m wokring on video i work with nuke. But anyways here is my post processing settings for last image.

Could you possibly do a tutorial on how you get such photorealistic lighting. Are you doing anything special with the lights?

well… When i figure out everything about dynamic lighting i’ll do tutorials. For now im just testing everything. For the lights i only use emissive material. Nothing more.

“Everytime when i use emmissive material light penetrates all wals. No matter how thick that wall is…”

This was caused by multibounce. If i set too high light multibounce it penetrates wall and bleed all over it.

Thanks for the tips Gandosh! really appreciate it… :smiley:

You’re welcome!

aaaaand new project this time i tried character lighting etc… Pretty much satisfied with my result. But High Res Screenshot giving me pretty bad AA… other than that. Its good.

If you want more images, they’re here :smiley:
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/oQaAz

Is the emmisive plane and the directional light the only two lights you are using here? Looks amazing.

Also what tree are you using in the first two? I like it.

Hello! yes its only two lights. About that tree, it was loong time ago. I forgot its name. sorry.

This is wonderful!

Thank you @frequia!

I’ve just finished my christmas scene for short commercial video. Here’s some screenshot.