Project Launcher Fail

How do i do that in Project Launcher settings?

Actually, after taking another look at the logs, I have a few more questions:

• Have you tried running the process through the command line instead of through the Project Launcher? If so, are you still getting errors?
  • What version of the editor are you using? Your initial posts says 4.12, but based on the logs it appears to be an older version.

It works in other ways but I need to package through project launcer because I need to create patches

in 4.12 it works fine, but I had a project left to finish in 4.8

If the same setup works in 4.12, I believe that the issue you are experiencing was something that was resolved in 4.12.

One more thing you could try to look at would be your log file located under AppData->Roaming->Unreal Engine->Automation Tool->Logs->(folder that has the date you packaged)->‘UnrealPak(timestamp).txt’

If you are able to find those logs and provide them, it’s possible that they’ll contain a bit more information regarding the error.

I hope this is the right one:
link text

That is the correct one, unfortunately it doesn’t seem to contain any information that can help determine the cause of the issue.

I have another question. Is this issue project-specific, or are you able to reproduce it if you attempt to create a patch for a clean project with minimal content?

Also, could you do a File->Package Project and send me that log as well just so I can compare?

I have found the solution to this, after trial-and-error. The issue is having a name inputted into the “Name of the new release to create.” section of Release / DLC / Patching Settings. Leave that item blank. It seems only important if this is a patch/DLC or newer version release. For the base version, “1.0”, it seems to not like a customized name.

287998-unreal-releaseversion-stagedbuildpakfix-01.jpg

I can confirm this solution worked for me. Removing the name of the new release to blank. Thank you :slight_smile: