Procedurally Generated Map Lag

Try to delete the tile you placed in your blueprint. Then check in components window of the blueprint that you see your instanced grid. As this system works, if this is not the “it does not work with another mesh in the bp” trouble. You may have miss a link or something somewhere.

Thanks fen, I will have a look at home tonight and see if I can understand what you mean.
I suspect there isn’t anything in the component area.
I tried removing the static mesh from the scene and it got removed from the list of objects top right corner, panicked and hit ctrl Z hehe to bring it back.

Here is an example : a blueprint with only a box as component and vars for instanced mesh and gridx grid y.

Still can’t get it to display in game, I can see the grid in my component screen. The static mesh is no longer in the scene either. The large wireframe box in the components screen is Box1, initially it was small and under the shown grid, and I tried making it contain the grid to see what effect it had, but none.

Oh ! Have you set your material for instanced ? Hum no it would render a grey grid so it is not that. sorry.
There is maybe a set for mesh too, like collision, i don’t remember but i check.

Hum maybe there is an issue with your mesh as brush. Have try to use others meshes in generic stuff to see?

I’ve just seen one difference : my box is static, your movable.

this message have been updated a lot (i hope you saw it only when i finished adding ideas ^^)

Hey Fen

If you zoomed in to the grid in components view you’d see it is like cobblestone.
I’ll try the table or chair static mesh.

p.s. I am using a scene which has a floor, table and chairs in it already. Is that an issue?

Oh hum actor hidden in game in defaults? :stuck_out_tongue: only thing i found where i don’t see my grid.

I found 2 places with a checkbox to hide actor, and hidden in rendering, neither was checked.

I changed out my primitive cube converted to a static mesh (only has 1 UV channel?), with the standard chair asset, and in the components section I see 8 x 8 rows of the chairs(using a gridsize of 8), but they too do not show up in the scene when I start. :frowning:

I still don’t see the BP show the wires live when debugging, so the BP itself isn’t being triggered?

I’ve changed between static and movable to try, no luck.

In your material(or was it in the mesh?) there is a check box to “make usable with instancing” or something along those lines. Make sure that is checked because it is not on by default.

Hi , I will check that out at home, I don’t recall seeing or using that.

p.s. I added a print ‘hello’ to the BP at one stage, and I never see that printed on screen either.

Cheers,
Max

This will only make world grid material appears on mesh instead of the selected one sadly.
If you can see your instanced meshes in your components blueprint but not in the level, it comes or from a hidden in game somewhere for, or the blueprint or the mesh, or this may be from the level. Have you try to directly drag blueprint directly in an empty starting level to see without any collision to be sure this is not collision or some stuff in your level ?

Hey Fen,

Do I need to drag the BP into the scene? I certainly haven’t done that either.
(At work can’t do anything yet.)

Cheers again for the help guys,
Max

You need at least to spawn it like all blueprints so or by dragging it in your level or spawning it in your level blueprint with spawnactor.

That would be the problem then, it never fires up. (Never printed ‘hello’ in the print node.

Many thanks, I will let you know how it goes. :smiley:

Just dragging the BP into the scene now shows the 8 x 8 set of chairs. Yay finally.

I’ll go back to my mesh created from a primitive cube now, and if that works I’m set. :smiley:

[EDIT: Yes that now works, thank you all for the help]
[EDIT 2: Generating alternate squares as a chessboard now, using my primitives(converted to mesh), so I need to understand how to tie each of these into clicking and hoverable squares, procedurally as well). Save that for another day. ]