Procedural Escalator & Other Vertical Circulation

Hi.
It says that link is expired.
can you plz upload it once again?

I am also looking for this to go forward with some ideas…I need a downward escalator but I cannot find it in the marketplace.

Hi!
Same problem here, I’d love to have a look on what you did!
Being an artist, I’m totally new to the engine mechanics and the whole concept of programming, node-based or not, so there is way too much I don’t understand yet. And I have a problem - I have to animate somehow a huge escalator with around 1000 steps for each belt(4 of them).
I already tried to make a step spawner, destroyer and a “conveyor volume”, but that method is too heavy performance-wise, and it’s depended on framerate. Attempts to make it framerate independed using “world delta seconds” changed nothing.
I have no idea what to do. Animate it manually and import a whole belt with all 1000 steps moving, pause and reverse animation via matinee? That’d be unnecessarily tedious and won’t solve performance problem (I think. 1000 bones and 10x keyes is no laughing matter). Maybe there is another way, but I don’t see it (mostly because I don’t know where to look). Spawn steps, make them run along spline? But how to pause that and start again? Problem with timed spawning being framerate dependent will remain as well.

Please, somebody help! At least, tell me it’s possible and give some kind of direction where to look for an answer.

Yes please and make an elevator :smiley:

i’ll finally be submitting this asset to the market place this week. have been tied up with other things previously. thanks for the interest all!

[EDIT] submitted for review today. if approved, should be available soon!