Problem Transferring Project 4.7-4.9

I don’t know what you mean but here:

Sorry for not clarifying that. I still don’t know what the FPS Project.sln is,I have been screenshoting from Paintball.sln

Hey -

Opening the project files has me slightly confused. I see the .sln for Paintball and FPSProject. I also see the .uproject for Paintball however FPSProject does not have a .uproject. Paintball.uproject and Paintball.sln both opened without any issues. FPSProejct.sln is failing to load when opened and without a .uproject file I cannot generate the project files to fix this error.

To help clear up my confusion could you explain what your original issue is again?

Hes saying you have the project files and uproject file (that opens ue4editor.exe) for paintball but not for FPS Project

Did you rename them?

If so rename paintball back to fps_project and then right click on it and ‘generate project files’

Then you can do the fix posted above on your game mode class.

Hope this helps
Don’t forget to accept an answer that best clears your question up or answers it so when the community finds your question in the future via search/google they know exactly what you did to fix it/get it going.

I JUST SAID i don’t know what FPSProject.sln is, i have no idea where the heck it came from, i have been opening Paintball.sln all this time since it has everything in it

Hey -

FPSProject.sln aside, I was able to open the paintball.uproject which opened in 4.9 with no issues. The reason Paintball.sln isn’t compiling is likely due to the code files inside the solution all referring to the FPSProject. 's suggestion of Generating Project Files may help you. I was able to do so without having to change hte name of the .uproject and then build the Paintball.sln.

Cheers

I don’t even get it, well thanks i guess even though i was a double click away.
≧☉_☉≦

I think the code fixes did help though, i actually never tried to open the project recently.