Private functions are listed in external blueprints

Still an issue in 4.20.3

This is a terrible bug. I’m on a large team, and it’s important to be able to properly encapsulate functionality that should not be exposed to other Blueprints (including the Level Blueprint).

Private functions should not be callable from any Blueprints that are not of the exact class of the Blueprint defining the function.

Protected functions should not be callable from any Blueprints that are not either the exact class of the Blueprint defining the function, or of a derived class inheriting from the Blueprint defining the function.

The “Private” checkbox on variables works correctly, but the callability of functions needs to be fixed.

It looks like there is a proposed fix for this issue ready for review and integration atgithub.com/EpicGames/UnrealEngine/pull/5248 . Can this be reviewed and integrated, please?

Hi all, this problem persists in 4.21 and your URL is not founded ^^
Any information about this and a possible fix?

Yes, I actually tested that fix, and it didn’t work for me, even when it was available online. So I’m guessing that it was pulled because it didn’t work :frowning: I am still waiting on a fix for this.

1 Like