Prefab Tool - Prefab Support for Unreal Engine

Is there a way to spawn a prefab outside the editor? Dynamically? For example, I want to duplicate an existing prefab at run time, and spawn that new duplicate.

I have prefabs inside of prefabs, with the last version the “Destroy Keep children” destroy all prefabs, not only the father. :eek::confused:
Please fix it in next update. Thanks

Heads up: I’m receiving a crash with a 100% repro rate when trying to create a new prefab (either empty or from selected actors). I have no idea if it was already posted since I’m just stopping by to drop this off (but I figure it’s better than ignoring it).

I don’t know if it’s related but there isn’t an option to create a new prefab when right-clicking in the Content Browser.

LoginId:2aac739445bab8780b83cbbb90e13a69
EpicAccountId:7f51d04c6b4043f7828e49a11d0f3702

Access violation - code c0000005 (first/second chance not available)

UE4Editor_CoreUObject
UE4Editor_Engine
UE4Editor_Engine
UE4Editor_Engine
UE4Editor_Engine
UE4Editor_Renderer
UE4Editor_Engine
UE4Editor_Engine
UE4Editor_Engine
UE4Editor_Engine
UE4Editor_Engine
UE4Editor_Engine
UE4Editor_Engine
UE4Editor_Engine
UE4Editor_Engine
UE4Editor_Engine
UE4Editor_CoreUObject
UE4Editor_PrefabAsset!FPrefabGEditorAdapter::ImportObjectProperties() [d:\build\++portal+dev-marketplace+full\sync\localbuilds\plugintemp\hostproject\plugins\prefabtool\source\prefabasset\private\prefabgeditoradapter.cpp:2998]
UE4Editor_PrefabAsset!FPrefabGEditorAdapter::ImportObjectProperties() [d:\build\++portal+dev-marketplace+full\sync\localbuilds\plugintemp\hostproject\plugins\prefabtool\source\prefabasset\private\prefabgeditoradapter.cpp:3058]
UE4Editor_PrefabAsset!FPrefabGEditorAdapter::LevelFactory_FactoryCreateText() [d:\build\++portal+dev-marketplace+full\sync\localbuilds\plugintemp\hostproject\plugins\prefabtool\source\prefabasset\private\prefabgeditoradapter.cpp:1924]
UE4Editor_PrefabAsset!FPrefabGEditorAdapter::edactPasteSelected() [d:\build\++portal+dev-marketplace+full\sync\localbuilds\plugintemp\hostproject\plugins\prefabtool\source\prefabasset\private\prefabgeditoradapter.cpp:1035]
UE4Editor_PrefabAsset!FPrefabToolEditorUtil::DoRevertPrefabActor() [d:\build\++portal+dev-marketplace+full\sync\localbuilds\plugintemp\hostproject\plugins\prefabtool\source\prefabasset\private\prefabtoolhelpers.cpp:1240]
UE4Editor_PrefabAsset!FPrefabToolEditorUtil::RevertPrefabActor() [d:\build\++portal+dev-marketplace+full\sync\localbuilds\plugintemp\hostproject\plugins\prefabtool\source\prefabasset\private\prefabtoolhelpers.cpp:848]
UE4Editor_PrefabAssetEditor!UPrefabActorFactory::PostSpawnActor() [d:\build\++portal+dev-marketplace+full\sync\localbuilds\plugintemp\hostproject\plugins\prefabtool\source\prefabasseteditor\private\factories\prefabactorfactory.cpp:76]
UE4Editor_UnrealEd
UE4Editor_UnrealEd
UE4Editor_PrefabAsset!FPrefabToolEditorUtil::ReplaceActorsWithPrefab() [d:\build\++portal+dev-marketplace+full\sync\localbuilds\plugintemp\hostproject\plugins\prefabtool\source\prefabasset\private\prefabtoolhelpers.cpp:1854]
UE4Editor_PrefabAssetEditor!UPrefabAssetFactory::FactoryCreateNew() [d:\build\++portal+dev-marketplace+full\sync\localbuilds\plugintemp\hostproject\plugins\prefabtool\source\prefabasseteditor\private\factories\prefabassetfactory.cpp:118]
UE4Editor_UnrealEd
UE4Editor_AssetTools
UE4Editor_PrefabAssetEditor!FPrefabEditorActions::NewPrefabFromSelection() [d:\build\++portal+dev-marketplace+full\sync\localbuilds\plugintemp\hostproject\plugins\prefabtool\source\prefabasseteditor\private\prefabeditoractor\prefabeditoractions.cpp:588]
UE4Editor_PrefabAssetEditor!SPrefabToolMainWidget::OnNewPrefabFromSelectionClicked() [d:\build\++portal+dev-marketplace+full\sync\localbuilds\plugintemp\hostproject\plugins\prefabtool\source\prefabasseteditor\private\widgets\sprefabtoolwindow.cpp:1196]
UE4Editor_PrefabAssetEditor!TBaseSPMethodDelegateInstance<0,SPrefabToolMainWidget,0,FReply __cdecl(void)>::Execute() [d:\rocketsync\4.21.0-4541578+++ue4+release-4.21\working\engine\source\runtime\core\public\delegates\delegateinstancesimpl.h:279]
UE4Editor_Slate
UE4Editor_Slate
UE4Editor_Slate
UE4Editor_Slate
UE4Editor_Slate
UE4Editor_ApplicationCore
user32
user32
UE4Editor
UE4Editor
UE4Editor
UE4Editor
UE4Editor
kernel32
ntdll

Please PM me if you need more info since I never browse the forums. :slight_smile:

hi, testing this tool for my company, we’re running into an issue where when you first create a prefab it works as intended for that session, however if you restart the editor, you can no longer place previously created prefabs and the following message occurs when I try to place them.

Hi,
in 4.26 there is strange behavior of prefabs that are not lockets. They move at different speeds

The green box is a unlocket prefab.

ok, it is a Unreal group/childs bug