Possible to Change Wind Strength in Level Blueprint?

Actually checking those settings in my level, they don’t actually affect the cloth. I’m almost sure they did, in my old build when I first tried this. Though I don’t actually use it like that. What I do is spawn a new wind source and destroy it when I go to interior, so I don’t really change the settings. I did have them set, but I am not sure now. I did this so long ago, I can’t even remember the results anymore.

So essentially you can enable/disable wind by spawning and destroying the actor, but changing the speed or strength, does not seem to actually affect the cloth. Sorry, I know you can set those in blueprint, but it doesn’t seem to actually affect the cloth.

Can I get a screenshot of what that blueprint would look like?

Sure, here you go…

oh wow you actually did it, it worked, your a saint, thanks!

Woooo man Its works…but, the wind blows direction coordinates of the Y Axis… and not in Z or X Axis

Woooo man Its works…but, the wind blows direction coordinates of the Y Axis… and not in Z or X Axis

You control the direction by rotating the wind actor. By default it’s +X and you have to rotate on Z / Yaw to point it into the direction you want.

Hey. I am just a beginner doing my sailboat. My sail moves with the wind, but I would like to change wind direction within the game, something like [key N] on the keyboard → wind go north… I see you posted a blueprint, but I cant understand it. Could you help me ?

You can just set the wind actor rotation directly. It should update the new values. I think the only thing that give some problems, which is what the blueprint I posted shows, is to update strength on it.

But if you update the rotation values, it’ll do it, so you can hook up some keys to set some values, or if you press a direction it rotates in that direction.

If you get the wind actor, then get the component from that, you can set world rotation directly. on it, and you can do it however you like through key presses, or whatever.

I’d probably set up a new blueprint based on actor, add the wind source… etc. Set the behavior up in there. Then I think for keyboard input you’ll have to reference the player controller, not 100% sure right now if you’ll get it otherwise, I can’t remember now off hand. But then place that in your level and you should be able to control it.

That’s a bit vague maybe but I have to do it and see the exact setup, but it should be fairly simple actually, in theory. I think if you get stuck, maybe post on the forum, or maybe PM me on there, I’ll try help more direct.

Any news about this? Has been a year already… Is this the official way to use wind?

You could also just create this blueprint and assign your wind to the variable of the blueprint after you place it in the scene.

It will update the speed whenever you update the newSpeed variable. This update is forced by adding a small amount of rotation to the wind actor.

This is bascially what OP had, with an addRelativeRotation on the end to force the update.

Is this still being worked on?

2023, is this coming or what haha