[Plugin] ZipUtility (7zip)

Fixed in https://github.com/getnamo/ZipUtilit…ases/tag/0.5.2. See Package build failing · Issue #29 · getnamo/ZipUtility-Unreal · GitHub for issue details.

Hello, I’ve just found your plugin, and it exactly what I need for my project, thank you for sharing it!
But, could you help me out a bit, I’m getting a UE editor crash everytimeI’m running a zip node. I’ve attached a few screens.
It crashes after it zip’s, as the zip is created and can be extracted just fine using 7zip or winrar.
Added a crash log too.
Thanks!

Based on that crash and the fact this is done in a UMG blueprint I speculate you didn’t add the zip utility interface to the Mods_Widget1 calling this function see this section: https://github.com/getnamo/ziputilit…ueprint-access for details on usage.

NB: Thanks for spotting a crash! It’s bad design for the plugin to crash when the interface isn’t set, so I added an issue to change the crash to a warning here: Add graceful warning instead of crash when called from e.g. a UMG blueprint with no delegate · Issue #32 · getnamo/ZipUtility-Unreal · GitHub. It may be a long time before I add the enhancement though.

Hi, Are there any issues anyone having with VS 2019. I’m able to compile successfully with no errors but instant crash on the Zip node even with blueprint having the zip interface for call backs. This is the error stack:

7z
7z
7z
7z
7z
UE4Editor_ZipUtility!SevenZip::SevenZipCompressor::CompressFilesToArchive()
UE4Editor_ZipUtility!SevenZip::SevenZipCompressor::FindAndCompressFiles()
UE4Editor_ZipUtility!SevenZip::SevenZipCompressor::CompressDirectory()
UE4Editor_ZipUtility!<lambda_d64dd0ec69db4b66353bb414181d059d>::operator()() [C:\\[my project directory]\Plugins\Platform\ZipUtility\Source\ZipUtility\Private\ZipFileFunctionLibrary.cpp:322]
UE4Editor_WindowsFileUtility!SetPromise<void>() [C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.22\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\Async\Async.h:59]
UE4Editor_WindowsFileUtility!TAsyncQueuedWork<void>::DoThreadedWork() [C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.22\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\Async\Async.h:230]
UE4Editor_Core
UE4Editor_Core
UE4Editor_Core
kernel32
ntdll

--> line 322 - compressor.CompressDirectory(*ReversePathSlashes(Path), &PrivateCallback);

. I have used a setup identical to your folder zip example with literal string etc. Let me know if you need more info.

I am having the same issue as you, did you manage to fix it?

Hi, first of all thank you for all the work you put in to provide plugins!
Secondly, does this plugin allow extracting zip files in parts? For example 7-zip allows me to compress an archive into parts Filename.zip.001, Filename.zip.002, Filename.zip.003 etc.

I would like to know the same!

Is there a linux library available for this plugin?

Hi. This is not an ad, but I have a free cross-platform plugin that supports Zip format: GitHub - gtreshchev/RuntimeArchiver: Runtime Archiver plugin for Unreal Engine. Cross-platform archiving and unarchiving directories and files. Currently supports ZIP format.

1 Like

Hey there! Many thanks for the plug-in itself. For beginners in coding such things are coming in handy.

I would like to ask if this plug-in can be used with Android devices. During the compile process, there are no issues - I can run the app on the target device.

But once I try to call the “Zip” functionality - the app crashes.

I actually have one of your plug-ins - RuntimeFilesDownloader - and it works perfectly. Will try the Runtime Archiver too. :slight_smile:

1 Like