[PLUGIN] Savior

hi bruno

i did exactly what you wrote, and of course i have my actor implement squid property inside and have slot class. the problem is that this actor is never spawn again when i back in the first level. i must doing something wrong but i have tried it so many times i don’t know what the issue.

thanks for the help

Plugin only respawns actors from the “Load Game World” node.
You want to save only one actor, you have to spawn the actor yourself before loading.

yes, but when i spawn the actor just before loading it the loading is fail and that is exactly my problem all the time

i will put some picture, maybe it will help

this is my actor with sguid:

here i save this actor before moving to another level:

here i spawn and load:

load is failing

Because you are using “Create Once GUID” node.
For the setup you want, you have to just generate the Guid on the Details Panel of your class. Not using that node at all.

You want a “singleton actor” so create a static fixed SGUID value for that class instead.

mmm… ok i removed the create once guid node from the construction script, i now have only the sguid as a variable in my class. but still not working.
and i didn’t quit follow what you said about “You want a “singleton actor” so create a static fixed SGUID value for that class instead.”

yesssss, at last, after spending all day at that. thank you very much bruno(the squid did not generated the first time).

if you can just explain to me what you said about the fixed sguid ?

i really appreciating you spend the time helping me, thank you!

The SGUID is your immutable actor ID.

If you want to save/load an actor instance always as the same entity, independently of address in computer memory that actor was created, the value assigned will identify the instance if the SGUID value is the same that is recorded in the save file.

You were creating a fresh new SGUID value every time you spawn a new copy of your actor.
So, to the save file, this new spawned actor was never the same it wanted to load.

ok, now i understand.
again thank you for the great support.

leo

Hello Bruno, back with a problem.
A couple of days ago, I did update my engine from 4.26 to 4.26.1.
Before everything was ok. After having updated, my game project is crashing during the opening exactly at 75%, no chance to open it.
Initially I was not thinking to your plugin, therefore I downloaded again the engine and installed from scratch. after the first ok opening action, again I cannot anymore open the engine due to crash.

I tried to open a completely different project created in 4.26 and everything was ok. So I tried to force in this different project to include your plugin, and the same crash with the same message happened again exactly at 75%. See the printscreen.
I then eliminate the Savior plugin from uproject file, and the project can be opened again without issue.

I did the same with my main game project, and without your plugin the crash is still happening but with different error and quite at the end (93%) of the loading. I cannot understand why but before to open a ticket, I would like to understand from you if you feel that something on your plugin can have a conflict with the newer 4.26.1 engine version, because this seems happening with my test on different project.

Thank you.

@Andrea66 Read the crash line.
My plugin isn’t called “Python Script Plugin” and doesn’t make use of anything from that Python plugin.

It’s completely unrelated, this plugin doesn’t crash the editor like that and has nothing to do with “Python”.

[USER=“434”]BrUnO XaVIeR[/USER]
Hey! Any update on this?
https://forums.unrealengine.com/unreal-engine/marketplace/1467088-plugin-savior-3?p=1857369#post1857369

1. When will the updated version be available on the marketplace?
  2. Is LoadComponent also optional when Using LoadWorld, or just LoadActor?

That was already published by Epic for Unreal 4.26.
If you leave “Component Scope” list empty, no component will be saved/loaded for any actor.

[USER=“434”]BrUnO XaVIeR[/USER] It’s working fine now. Thank You very much!
I had to restart Epic Launcher for it to see the new version.

As for my second question, is LoadingComponent From Slot DataOnRespawned still necessary?

Components that are default on respawned actors don’t receive ‘On Respawn’ events, but they will load their properties, triggered by the respawned actor.

Components added at runtime would trigger the event, but really nobody use that.

https://forums.unrealengine.com/unreal-engine/marketplace/1467088-plugin-savior-3?p=1854454#post1854454

I’m also trying to save a reference to a dataasset without any good result.
Any plans to implement this support in the future?

To save/load properties, an object must be instantiated.
DataAssets are not objects you instantiate in game World; if it is not a member of current world, it can’t be saved in save file.

I have that noted for investigation, but there’s nothing I can do about it at the moment.

it doesn’t seem like arrays or, anything over the complication of a single variable is saving. am I doing something wrong?

Delete that “Save World” node. You shouldn’t do that, you are firing several save processes at same time.

There’s a demo project on marketplace page of the plug-in.

Deleting that node doesn’t seem to help me. Looking at the demo now.